Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help for a piano accordionist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eisdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: help for a piano accordionist Reply with quote

Hi Everyone - new user and looking for help. I play piano accordion with midi installed on the bass side. I have been using an external Korg 05R/W sound module to give me a classic bass/piano sound for ceilidh gigs. It's become very unreliable and I am looking to upgrade. Any recommendations on what's basic and best from Korg? Love the sound from the old module so looking for a great quality sound, easy to operate - I'm a dinosaur! - and as I only used bass/piano sounds something very basic and not too expensive. Any advice welcome. Thank you.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Krome might suit. Good quality sounds and relatively light, compared to the alternatives. OK, it's a keyboard, but that could create some sonic possibilities.
eisdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Voip - interesting suggestion - think I'd prefer a small box though - I have a Korg Stage Piano which is fab. The Sound module was ideal for gigs as it fitted in my accordion case, only needed an amp then.
Will look into it though. Any other suggestions?
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eisdeal wrote:
Thanks Voip - interesting suggestion - think I'd prefer a small box though - I have a Korg Stage Piano which is fab. The Sound module was ideal for gigs as it fitted in my accordion case, only needed an amp then.
Will look into it though. Any other suggestions?

You could check out the Waldorf Blofeld with the optional sample library. That might meet your need, and then if you ever want to do weird space polka, the Waldorf is a wicked source for synthesis.

If you're not in a hurry (but it sounds as if you are) you could wait for Synesthesia's Pipes sound module to come out.
eisdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! - will have a look at both!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: