Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Song book
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Song book Reply with quote

Hi, I just purchased a pa3xle and I am trying to download my midi files to the songbook but when I shutdown my keyboard and put it back on my files are not there.
Can someone help me. I watched the videos and read the manual.
Thank you
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claude

Can you please explain what you mean by "download my midi files to the songbook" - are you creating lots of new songbook entries (i.e. one for each MIDI file?

Please tell us exactly what you are doing and hopefully we can assist.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Claude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete, thank you for your reply.
I have some midi files on my USB and I am downloading one file at the time because I didn't want all the midi files in the songbook.
When I want that file I hold the songbook button for a couple of a second and I see it in there but like I said in my topic, when I shutdown and reopen the keyboard it is no longer there.
Thank you for your help.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claude,
Just a bit more advice from "Down Under" (Pete's from Perth and I'm from Sydney).
The Songbook doesn't actually store Midi files - it just points to their location whether it be on your HD or USB disk.
The best thing to do is create a new folder on your HD to store any Midi files you want to use. In a Media use the dropdown menu to create a new folder (say MyMidis for example).
You use the Media Copy function to copy them from your USB to the new folder.
In Song Play mode you can now use Songbook. to "store" them.
I'm guessing it's possible to keep them on your USB stick alone but if you were to lose it or change the file locations then the links would be lost.
Hope this makes sense.
John
Claude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Reuben,
I will do this.
andreano

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Can you help me with song book? In my settings I create for my songs I am not able to save the setting regarding the transpose. For example if, only for one song, I want to transpose the keyboard in -2 and then for the next song I need transpose in 0, how can I do? I know that there is the transpose setting for each song in songbook and I modify it, but when I select the song later, the keyboard does not transpose. I must do it again and, most important, the pa3x does not go back to transpose 0 after that song. How to save the transpose setting for only one song in songbook ? Thank you!
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

just go here and you will see it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMfOe0qUXo
andreano

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I saw you link. This video is much more complete than the italian version but I doesn't talk about my problem. I'm thinkin that it's not possible to do the the thing i need. I try to make an example: If we have to insert 3 songs in a song book called myway, septembermorn and mandy. We suppose that I will use them during a gig in order I wrote before, but according to my sheets, I must play the keyboard with -2 transpose only in the song septembermorn and I would like to have the keyboard transpose on 0 (no transpose) on the other songs, before and after playing this song,without touching the general transpose button, but only changing song on the song book. In the tab book edit 2 I see it says mtranspose but I think it's only a statistical notice that does not inluence the real transpose, like the chord notation and so on. In fact I tryed but there is no effect. Is there a way to change the transpose automatically changing the song in your opinion? Thanks again
andreano

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I saw you link. This video is much more complete than the italian version but I doesn't talk about my problem. I'm thinkin that it's not possible to do the the thing i need. I try to make an example: If we have to insert 3 songs in a song book called myway, septembermorn and mandy. We suppose that I will use them during a gig in order I wrote before, but according to my sheets, I must play the keyboard with -2 transpose only in the song septembermorn and I would like to have the keyboard transpose on 0 (no transpose) on the other songs, before and after playing this song,without touching the general transpose button, but only changing song on the song book. In the tab book edit 2 I see it says mtranspose but I think it's only a statistical notice that does not inluence the real transpose, like the chord notation and so on. In fact I tryed but there is no effect. Is there a way to change the transpose automatically changing the song in your opinion? Thanks again
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transpose in Edit Book 2 works for me. It looks like you have transpose locked in Preferences.
andreano

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks it's possible, but where can I find that preferences setting? I mean, If I press transpose + or - in panel near the octave button, it works. For my pa3x does not work only in songbook.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press Global button, General Controls, Lock Tab (Tuning).
Unlock all 3 Master Transposes (top 3).
Use dropdown menu to Write Global Setup.
This should fix it.
andreano

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesssss!!! Many many thanks Reuben!!! excuse for my late reply. It works perfectly! Now I enabled the master transpose in General. Perfect.
Excuse me, another question about songbook:
In tab 3, in songbook, why my "harmony control" is dark grey and I cannot select anything and It only says "unchanged" (in dark grey)?
Thank you
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andreano wrote:

Excuse me, another question about songbook:
In tab 3, in songbook, why my "harmony control" is dark grey and I cannot select anything and It only says "unchanged" (in dark grey)?
Thank you

I suspect you have Harmony Control turned off in Song Play Preferences.
In Song Play mode, Menu, Preferences, I have mine selected to "Keyboard" because I play chords with any backing. You can also select the main rhythm track. In Songbook in Edit Book 3 you can override where the main rhythm might happen to be for each song.
andreano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tryed but I think I have your same settings. I have selected keyboard in preferences, but in songbook edit tab 3, I have harmony control grey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: