Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HARDWARE WISH-LIST for FUTURE PA models (Hardware only)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: HARDWARE WISH-LIST for FUTURE PA models (Hardware only) Reply with quote

This topic has been created as recommended by Paolo at Korg since his response to "OS" with list items here:-
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113590

..from our topic here:-
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112102

PLEASE USE THIS TOPIC FOR "HARDWARE" WISH-LIST SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PA MODELS - NOT PA4X!!!!

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:28 am; edited 3 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increase in polyphony would be good for a future development... I can here some note stealing in "style play mode" on the PA4X when ensemble is introduced on some occasions.. this can be as little as using ensemble on one upper part which can trigger this, hope this helps...
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paolo for getting back to our wish list.
Thanks Pete to organize and separate the Hardware wish list from the OS wish list.

Here is one of my Hardware wish list, just copied/pasted from other post:
Hardware or Design (ex; adding panel back-light like the GEM WK8, very practical in live performance with a bad stage/location lighting's condition.)

GEM WK8 made in 1999.
commercial photography locations
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although my suggestions are mostly concerning software and DNC function improvements , the essentials are :
- Fast and updated CPU and peripherals must be used , clearly based on Linux type OS and not as "application" of main core ,
in order any significant improvements to be feasible , since Pa4X hardware has been already pushed to it's limits !
- Real SATA port & USB 3 support (and not the current global USB 2) in order to save our valiable time when media rutines are executed.
Both above are required in order real samples disk streaming to be applied plus the fact of expandable DDR Ram slots !
- Tranditional Pa3X Screen mechanical memory servo - system must be applied again at newer flaghips , as this was by far
the best screen elevation system.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly a heavyweight now, any reduction in physical weight is always a bonus. Don't know if this can be done without sacrificing build quality, though. Hope so.Smile
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade from the current and very useful EC5 foot controller to a New larger EC10 foot controller......
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have mentioned earlier in this thread "Increasing Polyphony" so if we imagine this increase from (128.n/p) up to (256.n/p ) then how about (x4)-Upper Parts and (x2)-Lower Parts this could also include an increase and deeper layering of "Master fx" and "Insert fx" at any one time........

Last edited by D575 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Upgrade from the current and very useful EC5 foot controller to a New larger EC10 foot controller......

OR allow a user to have separate EC5 settings for each songbook entry Wink
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine wrote:
allow a user to have separate EC5 settings for each songbook entry

YES PLEASE
Even my Casio MZ does that (all pedal settings saved with registration - awesome!! - in fact it saves fingered mode splits, effects - everything!!!)

Sorry

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
striphio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my concept of a new arranger. I played pa80, pa2x, pa3x and now pa4x, and I was thinking a bit about what a modern arranger should be and how to deploy some functions as well as to add some new ones.
Favorites are essential because we constantly have some sounds that we often use in the live gigs, and we constantly between them, so it is necessary that we have them easily accessible on the physical buttons. It also needs to be separated by a space between 8 and 9 for easy handling and orientate when we play live.
A very important thing are the special buttons for the bank's int., user and direct for easy and quick access.
The rubato style element is part of a style mostly without drum and rhythm, it's similar to backing sequence with bass and lower but different and more complex where some instruments play different phrases in different chords.
Style select function: two style players where we can, while playing one style, prepare second style for next song with select button and set its tempo and element without affecting style that is already playing. When one style is about to end we have new one ready and easy accessible. Also, sometime two different styles with different tempo is needed for one song so this is most useful to easy switch between them. Songbook entry should set both style player settings.
Every style should have 3 most common tempos default on tempo 1,2 and 3. It should be stored on style and songbook entry also.
Half bar fill in is most useful in lot of situations and songs.
Eight scenes for each style where we can store different volume, sounds effects ... for one style so it can sound differently on one click... if we need to add wah on guitar or similar things.
Endless knobs with led indicators, also on sliders.
Favorite presets on ensemble and voice harmony, with easy accessible key buttons above.
Live split mode is useful for musicians who need to play live with band and if they play bass with left hand or harmonies with string, piano, and various sounds. In live split mode, all sounds for left hand (lower) can be stored to style elements buttons, intros, variations... for easy access.

Also it would be nice to have some analog sound engine like AL-1 if that is possible. That would be wooow to create some cool sounds. Also to add vector joystick with assignable functions.

That's it for now from me. I hope that engineers in Korg will consider some of this for future models. Cheers Smile
[/img]
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding the Quarter Tone mini-keyboard for the future replacement of Pa4X Oriental.
It's already included in Pa600 Oriental and Pa700 Oriental versions, why not adding this feature to the future Pa5X Oriental or whatever the name will be for Oriental version.

Screen shot of Korg Pa700 Oriental.
Korg_Pa700_Oriental
Aboammar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Pa5X Oriental should have:

1- A 10" capacitive 4K touch display or at least FullHD (1920 x 1080) resolution. I can't believe that the current 7" on the Pa4X dose not even support the very old 720 HD resolution! Come on Korg, we are in 2018 and FullHD screens has been available in small smartphone's displays for ages now!

2- Dedicated hardware buttons for the oriental scale (Quarter Tone Scaling) with at least 3 memory buttons. Good example is the Yamaha PSR-A3000, and Ketron VEGA Oriental, not to forget the Korg's Pa600 and Pa700.
On-screen oriental scale is never going to be as practical as a dedicated hardware buttons.

3- Adding multi-colored back-light to all hardware buttons with with back-light labels. Or at least single-color just like the old GEM WK8 or the new Yamaha Genos. The current small light indication on the buttons is not very helpful as it is still hard to see the labels and which button is which in dark environments!

4- Better quality speaker system (PaAS II)

5- HDMI output for FullHD monitors and TVs.

6- 2TB SSD for Storage (Upgradeable).

7- Much bigger RAM and ROM.

9- USB 3 and USB-C ports.

10- 256 voices of polyphony sounds like the new Yamaha Genos.

11- Support for WAV for playback and recording (Yamaha Genos).

12- Assignable knobs and faders with individual OLED parameter displays (Yamaha Genos).
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aboammar wrote:

1- A 10" capacitive 4K touch display or at least FullHD (1920 x 1080) resolution. I can't believe that the current 7" on the Pa4X dose not even support the very old 720 HD resolution! Come on Korg, we are in 2018 and FullHD screens has been available in small smartphone's displays for ages now!

2- Dedicated hardware buttons for the oriental scale (Quarter Tone Scaling) with at least 3 memory buttons. Good example is the Yamaha PSR-A3000, and Ketron VEGA Oriental, not to forget the Korg's Pa600 and Pa700.
On-screen oriental scale is never going to be as practical as a dedicated hardware buttons.

3- Adding multi-colored back-light to all hardware buttons with with back-light labels. Or at least single-color just like the old GEM WK8 or the new Yamaha Genos. The current small light indication on the buttons is not very helpful as it is still hard to see the labels and which button is which in dark environments!

12- Assignable knobs and faders with individual OLED parameter displays (Yamaha Genos).
Well said.
I've already added, the back light panel like GEM WK8, in hardware wish list.
Hopefully we will see these features added in the future Korg Oriental version.
Aboammar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Aboammar wrote:

Well said.
I've already added, the back light panel like GEM WK8, in hardware wish list.
Hopefully we will see these features added in the future Korg Oriental version.

Thanks BR, and hopefully we will see our request implemented in the next Pa5X Oriental ..
hans1966

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned in another thread, that the size of the screen should be 10 inches, and I also proposed changing the icons on the screen with real images of the voices and tools that are used on the keyboard. No more cartoons, dolls or drawings. Korg can take real shots of instrument voices and functions or utility tools that will be on the new flagship. greetings Hans

I choose the Peace of God!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: