Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with just one key!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HammonDude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Problem with just one key! Reply with quote

I bought a reverse key (Black keys Red Sharps) off of Reverb.com from a private seller and now realize that the second A# does not respond to low velocity. It only makes sound with hard strikes, and only sounds that portion of the patch. I am so distressed by this. Can a new software install correct this or do I have a physical problem with the Bb key itself? I have filed a complaint with paypal and might resolve it with money back to cover my trouble in the repair shop. I have learned my lesson, I could have and SHOULD have bought a new board!
HammonDude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

........I just tried to reload my settings and got excited to hear new sounds in my favorites, a few I really got excited about......found a split with no sustain in the bass! So cool!....and then......then...it came back....my depression over the second A# dead key....AGHHH!!!! Only makes sound with hard velocity. This really sucks.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirt on the keyboard contact, or the contact is damaged or out of position, perhaps.
HammonDude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I'll try to clean it. Also, my Red and Black key board is not at all "new", but when I checked for OS the number I see on the two knobs is 3 0

Do I have version 3 loaded in this case? Do you know which is the latest version?

I got a nice split bass/piano without sustain in the bass in my favorites now and I dig it! That sound is not listed in the owners manual. ???
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest firmware version for the SV-1 is v1.3. For this, the Speed and Intensity knob LEDs should be showing 1 and 3 respectively, when the knobs are pressed in together.

Take care with cleaning the contacts, as attempts to do so could make things worse. Use a good light and some sort of magnifier, if necessary and, if the contacts don't appear to be damaged, try using a can of air duster as a first resort, or a clean brush or both. Check also that the part of the key that presses on the contacts is not damaged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: