Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS Reinstallation Woes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallingman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: OS Reinstallation Woes Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I haven't seen anything quite like it.

I'm trying to reinstall the OS on my O88 as I'm having major issues with no MIDI output and pads not working, so want to be sure it's not a software issue before I have to deal with shipping it off for physical repair.

I booted from the Restore CD set that came with my O when I got it second-hand in 2008, version 1.2.3, reinstalled using all 4 disks - OK

It then asked for Reauthorisation disk which I had ready, and that worked saying all reauthorised - OK. At this point, I'm sure it said OS was at v1.1.0.

Next time I booted, it asked to reauthorise again. I tried reauthorising again, all OK, rebooted with CD1 back in to update further to 1.2.3 using all 4 CDs.

That finished all OK, so rebooted - and got "This OASYS must be reauthorised..." again.

Please could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to start with v1.1.0 disks or earlier?

MTIA,

Studio Gear: Korg OASYS 88 #001907 ~ Korg Triton Extreme 61 ~ Studiologic Sledge 2.5 ~ REASON 11 ~ Arturia V Collection 8 ~ Logic Pro X ~ iPhone 13 Pro Max ~ iPad Air 2
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: OS Reinstallation Woes Reply with quote

fallingman wrote:
Do I need to start with v1.1.0 disks or earlier?

Yes. I did a disk format, years back. I believe I put my four 1.0 version discs in, then upgraded to 1.1, then upgraded that to 1.3.
fallingman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: OS Reinstallation Woes Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
fallingman wrote:
Do I need to start with v1.1.0 disks or earlier?

I believe I put my four 1.0 version discs in, then upgraded to 1.1, then upgraded that to 1.3.

Thanks for the reply, Mike - I got it up and running using the 1.3.1 disk set found on the Korg website...

...still have the inoperative pads / random MIDI data problem, so I'm guessing the pads or something related to them is physically broken, so I'll have to see about getting my big beastie fixed.

Sad

Studio Gear: Korg OASYS 88 #001907 ~ Korg Triton Extreme 61 ~ Studiologic Sledge 2.5 ~ REASON 11 ~ Arturia V Collection 8 ~ Logic Pro X ~ iPhone 13 Pro Max ~ iPad Air 2
Anukis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to reset the global midi contours in global mode. When you reinstall the OS you need to go into global and its a tab on the right corner of screen somewhere. Can't remember exactly but it worked on my 2 O's after OS install.
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone pass me the CD iso for version 1.1 or does anyone know where i can obtain the v1.1 os disk, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: