Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Z1s past use by?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nrand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Korg Z1s past use by? Reply with quote

I have been looking at the Korg Z1 or the Karma for a specific project and while there seems to be a lot more activity on the net about the Karma I like the sounds of the Z1 a little better.
My only concern is reliability for a Synth that is this old.
Have most of them failed by now?
Is there anything Korg currently makes that carries on the sound and functionality of the Z1?
Thanks
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have experience with a Z1 but have a X5, N264 which still working fine.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jhulk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still use a z1 and a trinity with prophecy board

as synths go they work great and keep on going like most older korg synths

the only problems you get are ripple in psu easily solved with a service and bad cold solder joints in the audio outs and phones output

this is due to mechanical stress from leads as the solder joint are the mechanical strength of the sockets but a reflow sorts it out

some times the volume fader goes and you lose 1 channel but its the same for the trinity and triton and there are still available replacements

the lcd screens are standard so easily replaced unlike the trinity or triton range or m3 which do get failing touch screens and bad lcd displays

if your after an updated version then the kingkorg would be your best bet
nrand

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Source for parts? Reply with quote

What is a good source for the parts you mention?
mandala music

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: In 2018 my Z1 working fine Reply with quote

I bought my 18 voice Korg Z1 new in 2001. It is still working fine with no issues except a dimmer display now in 2018. I haven't had to replace the battery yet. The display is slightly less bright than when I got it but it is still readable. I will replace the display when a brighter white on blue or white on black display becomes available. But all the knobs and buttons work like new. Also the volume is good from both the outputs and the headphones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: