Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

memory button problem pa700?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: memory button problem pa700? Reply with quote

Hi There. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a new innovation on the pa700 but when I'm playing if I happen to hit the keys a little too hard below the split point it turns the Memory button off. If I then hit it again hard it turns it back on again. Not really liking this as it means me having to alter the technique of playing that I've done for years. All a bit disconcerting. It's difficult to teach an old dog new tricks..

Surely this can't be right?

Anybody else noticed this? Sad
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a setting for this .In pa800 that i have in front of me right now it is called "Velocity Mode".In the pa700 it should be in the Global menu!You can check the manual for this function if you can't find it in the menu and turn it off!
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you again. That works a treat. Went to Global -> Mode preferences -> Tab 2 Style and turned off velocity control... Brilliant, appreciate your quick response. +1 Very Happy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: memory button problem pa700? Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
... when I'm playing if I happen to hit the keys a little too hard below the split point it turns the Memory button off. If I then hit it again hard it turns it back on again ..

Hello Keith,
I do not think this is an innovation, but think that is a reminder of the universal OS of Pa-Keyboards, because the base of OS probably seems to be the same in all models.

In the Pa900 for example there is a function "velocity control" in StylePreferences, to be able to trigger functions simply by playing louder with your left hand.

When playing with a velocity value higher than a value set by the “Velocity Control Value” parameter, one of the selected functions (Break, Start/Stop, BassInversion, Memory) will be activated.

Maybe default settings with default parameters of this function in basic universal OS remains in OS of Pa700, but never was noticed by anyone than you - only a speculative guess of me.

PS: Sorry - was too slow with editing my posting - as I noticed has settled problem.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks siebenhirter. You just clarified something for me there. I turned velocity control back on to memory and altered the actual number velocity higher than default to 108 and anything up to 127 stops the memory button from going off.
It also gives my the control I need for expression in my right hand Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: