Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 not recognising the SD Card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: PA1000 not recognising the SD Card Reply with quote

I have a PA 1000 and have installed a 32Gb SD Card. Intermittently when I turn the unit on it sees the SD Card but not the files that are on it?When I enable the card, it fixes the problem till the next time, is there going to be an upgrade to the operating system to overcome this problem.

Also why is 32 GB the largest card you can use, I have tried a 128GB card and it works fine, you can store to it and the files are there but when you turn the keyboard off and on it still sees the card but no files?

I have formatted these cards using the PA1000
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

i have a pa1000 and i do not have a problem.. i have two sd card , one is 16gb and one is 32gb and i have the same midi , mp3 , text , on both i never formatted , ( may be i should have inside the pa1000 ) but they both work fine , i use one in my pa4x and one in the pa1000 , and have trade them to see if they work and they do ,, it could be the you need to reinstall the OS in the keyboard , if korg ever post it on the web,,

I do not need to enable the card, it just works...
MichaelM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: PA1000 not recognising the SD Card Reply with quote

Thanks for the information maybe it's a problem with my PA1000,

I'll check with Korg to see if they think a reinstall of the operating system will help. I would have thought they would have posted it on their site.

Have you tried getting a bigger SD card? As I said I tried the 128gb and although it can save to it and it works fine until I turn it off and on. It can still see the card but not the files. Maybe they could provide an operating system upgrade so that the system can see the larger cards that would make storing my mp3+Cdg files a lot easier.

Presently I have a 2 Terabyte portable HD that I formatted with my PA3x and connected to the usb port on the PA1000 it has no problem reading these files.
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: SD card Reply with quote

I am a newbie to Korg, I installed a 64gb card. I did format it to my pa 1000 and so far all ok.
rcelano

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: microsds card Reply with quote

I have had my Korg pa1000 for about a week now. I installed a Sandisk 32GB sds card and the pa would not even start up. I thought maybe I installed it wrong so I checked and it was done properly. This card is of the XC variety, not the MC. Cards under 32GB are MC and over 32GB are usually XC, although a 32GB itself can be either one. Anyway, I sent Korg email and have not heard back from them which is not unusual. Could the type of card (XC or MC) be the issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: