Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minimoog app with excellent authentic Moog sound!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Minimoog app with excellent authentic Moog sound! Reply with quote

This one is pure bliss from my view!

It sounds VERY close to a full blown Minimoog (EXCELLENT 64 bit emulation, IMHO closer for example than Roland's hardware SE-02, and a lot closer than Arturias app).

- effects on board
- 4 note polyphony (working well on my 2017 iPad Pro, but being a bit much for older iPad CPUs): this really sounds like a polyphonic Mini!
- arpeggiator with hold function
- interapp audio + AU plugin
etc.
It even doesn't lose loudness with resonance as much as this has been a former problem.

Together with the Korg Module Scarbee Rhodes you that that classic Rhodes-Mini combination in high quality sounds to carry around everywhere.

For my ears this is surpisingly close to the original sound, to a degree, which makes me even wonder if I want a Behringer Model D any more! The app has excellent preset management!

Really curious, what other Moog fans in this forum hear.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jim

Unless I am missing it, you have not named it or provided a link?

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just search for "Moog" in the iOS App store, and the Mini will pop up among others.

Basic info:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/26/minimoog-model-d-ios-app/

Some preset browsing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=AY4ess0pIt8

The software controllers have midi learn for CCs ("Map CC" in settings)!
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything about it... apart from the glide curve. It seems to be exponential, not linear like the original vintage MM, which puts me off a bit.

But in saying that, I'm not sure if Moog changed the glide circuitry for the recent re-issue, which the app is obviously based on, but I wouldn't have thought so.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Minimoog app with excellent authentic Moog sound! Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
This one is pure bliss from my view!

4 note polyphony

For my ears this is surprisingly close to the original sound, to a degree, which makes me even wonder if I want a Behringer Model D any more! The app has excellent preset management!

Really curious, what other Moog fans in this forum hear.

Having a VXL an RMD, it sounds spot on to these ears, but that's just me. I find the Poly capability REAL interesting. I think there is a surprise behind the curtain in Asheville OZ for Moogfest in May that will involve Keyboard & Software ... POLY Want a Moog? ... YES!!!
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Just search for "Moog" in the iOS App store, and the Mini will pop up among others.

Basic info:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/26/minimoog-model-d-ios-app/

Some preset browsing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=AY4ess0pIt8

The software controllers have midi learn for CCs ("Map CC" in settings)!

Ta! Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
I like everything about it... apart from the glide curve. It seems to be exponential, not linear like the original vintage MM, which puts me off a bit.

But in saying that, I'm not sure if Moog changed the glide circuitry for the recent re-issue, which the app is obviously based on, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Yes, I stumbled over this just like you. My short term workaround was lowering the preset patch glide values, to keep presets playable. But compared to the dozens of things I just LOVE about this app, it's still a minor issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: