Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg ES2 Sampler loading from card error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Korg ES2 Sampler loading from card error Reply with quote

Hi guys! Looking for help, cause I really want to like my new ES2 even with its cut features (I own the red ESX1 too, awesome machine with great workflow, wish it was polyphonic), but I ran into stupid issue and I'm frustrated, because I never had with ESX1.

So I recorded a few samples, exported all samples to freshly formatted sd card, opened the file in the only es2 editor available for PC, added a few more samples from my library into this .all file then saved it with replacing the old file in sample directory. Popped the card out from PC and put it back into the powered off ES2. After power on,I saw the welcoming the screen and then the unknown error message appeared. There was no samples in memory when I scrolled through, only synth waveforms.

I spent whole day trying to load and export the .all file from the editor in various ways, clearing the card completely on PC, formatting it on PC, formatting it on ES2 and then loading the copy of the file I saved to desktop, no progress. If I Dave my custom sample .all file somewhere else but sample directory, the ES powers up with those horrible factory samples, and loading the file from Data utility menu results in same unknown error.

Am I doing something wrong here or is it a software glitch? I'm sure the samples were fine, cause I used some of them in the esx1, and I hope that the editor wouldn't load the incompatible samples.

Please share advice, this is crazy and disappointing
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i would try -

Reformat the card in ES2 .. again.. (backup to a pc first as you will lose everything)

pop the card in your PC -

Go to Samples folder and create a new folder - "MINE"

Make 2 more separate folders inside that.. (!) "ONE" and "TWO"

In one - save the new Allsample file you created (by that I mean I would save the file from the software on desktop and drag it into the SD card - not save from software direct to sd card)

Drag your old ESX 1 samples - WAVs into the Folder TWO.

Pop back in the ES2 -

The ES2 will default to import the factory stuff - as you would know...

Try attempting to import some of the WAV samples..

Try importing the entire allsample file..

[EDIT]

forgot - can you manually import some WAV samples - then export the allsample.. re-power up and it brings up the new allsample (as it should)
Brakio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which software are you using? is it mine? there are several, not only one (at least 3).

if you have such error it is probably because there is a bug in the software that creates an e2sSample.all that is not compatible with ES2.

What kind of samples are you importing? (sample rate/format/size/...)
Whitar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for reply!

Well I've found what I did wrong, there appeared to be a few 24 bit sample among 250 or so that I've uploaded. When I deleted those just to check - everything loaded up.

I thought ES2 had no problems with 24bit..

Funny machine. Note stealing like crazy, my ESX1 wins in that category
Brakio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES2 is only handling 16bits internally, but it is able to import 24bits and 8bits samples and convert them to 16bits (if you use the import function of the electribe).

If you use my editor, the conversion is also made (if it works properly...). I don't know what do the other editors.

Regards
morebyless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Lots of problems Reply with quote

I had a similar experience with sample loading. It just does not work as it says. I returned the unit to Korg and they could not make it work either, full refund via dealer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: