Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rubber makes keys stuck Triton Extreme 88 Fatar keybed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peternicholls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Rubber makes keys stuck Triton Extreme 88 Fatar keybed Reply with quote

Hi

I've been refurbishing a Triton Extreme I bought a month ago. I took apart the keybed, cleaned and regressed with lithium grease. Everything was great for a few days.

After a few days, however, the rubber at the front of each of the white keys started to cause many (not all) keys to get stuck, or return very slowly. I checked that it wasn't the lubrication at the hammer. It was definitely the front rubber. (Interestingl,y not the black keys though, although I'd treated them exactly the same way.)

Tried silicone lubricant. This made it worse.

So I took each key off again, cleaned again more, and tried either just silicone lubricant, lithium grease, and nothing on different keys to see if this would make any difference. The results were utterly random. Keys would work freely, then not. If anything, silicone lubrication made things worse.

So now I have a keybed which some keys bounce back nicely, others are painfully slow, and others just completely and utterly stuck.

HELP!!!!!!!!
peternicholls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video link:

https://youtu.be/h7LdmXKl5M8[/url]
peternicholls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. I'm absolutly certain now it is the rubber 'guides' for each key. They have somehow expanded. (Was it the white lithium grease?) So I am utterly at a loss as to what to do now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: