Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Download of pa4 to pa1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Missing Styles Reply with quote

So is the above styles not in the Pa1000 from the Pa4x ?

We need a version for the Pa700 with styles missing from the pa1000 and pa4x
thomas700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for the packs great

thomas

keyboards korgpa700 yamaha psr770 and technis kn

tomyl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends,
I have a new PA1000 and I am trying to bring the PA4x styles into it ( wanted to keep Pa1000 factory styles untouched ). I saw this group did a fantastic job. Saw several links.. which one is correct one here . Does it load the pa4x pads as well? Please advice.

Thank you again.
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomy.. Heres the comparison chart that Duby and I prepared for the pa700/1000/4x... with this you should be able to pick out the 4x styles that you need.

The styles are in the pack and were uploaded by Duby.. You can load them in Media and go through them and save what you need in User Banks...

https://app.box.com/s/2ns7ry983rt93oql6a88sivrespvzmxh

https://app.box.com/s/fl8xr4x7sp634c2g5eqqy8tz7sanmmbv
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomyl wrote:
Hi Friends,
I have a new PA1000 and I am trying to bring the PA4x styles into it ( wanted to keep Pa1000 factory styles untouched ). I saw this group did a fantastic job. Saw several links.. which one is correct one here . Does it load the pa4x pads as well? Please advice.

Thank you again.

Although I am grateful to Duby and Keith for their PA4X intergration efforts I myself have chosen for a different path while composing my JS Resources which should be available by the end of May.

Like Tommy I have fully retained the stylebanks and style order of the PA1000 ( and as such basically also the PA700) and have filled up both factory style banks and the user style banks with lots of styles including Korg freeware and PA4X.

I have been concentrating very hard on creating new ( and much better) Total Registrations ( formerly known as Performances) as well as new Sounds and new Keyboard Sets. It is an enormous amount of programming which I try to do on a daily basis. When things are ready I will of course mention them on this site as well.

regards,
John Smies
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John. I used to organise all my resources in a similar way to yourself, filling up all my factory banks with additional styles etc. However I've now taken on a different tack with regard to factory banks and styles. I no longer open up the factory banks and leave them as is and just use the User Banks. The reason being that when and if we recieve OS updates sometimes additional styles are added to the update [and I feel that the OS is buggy in pa700/1000 at the moment]. This then means that the factory banks have to be reorganised yet again if additional styles are added. We now have 'Direct Access' to access additional Style banks and that opens up the possibilities style wise to everything that is available. I just use Songbook for all my alterations. Just my opinion of course Smile
B.Safe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
Hi John. I used to organise all my resources in a similar way to yourself, filling up all my factory banks with additional styles etc. However I've now taken on a different tack with regard to factory banks and styles. I no longer open up the factory banks and leave them as is and just use the User Banks. The reason being that when and if we recieve OS updates sometimes additional styles are added to the update [and I feel that the OS is buggy in pa700/1000 at the moment]. This then means that the factory banks have to be reorganised yet again if additional styles are added. We now have 'Direct Access' to access additional Style banks and that opens up the possibilities style wise to everything that is available. I just use Songbook for all my alterations. Just my opinion of course Smile

+1
Songbook is the most usefull tool to maintain a library of songs/styles.
Songbook entries can hold far more parameters than keyboard sets.
And then you have all your Keyboard sets left to call for additional sound configurations for the chosen style.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so there be no misunderstanding, I use SONGBOOK as well for creating my new Total Registrations (former Performances) and will also of course ultimately place all of them in a JSS setlist. I see what you mean Keith but am not sure whether when you retain the exact order of the PA4X as regards styles this will be reflected properly in the settings of songbook and styles.
Furthermore I am really gearing my software to owners of the PA1000 and subsequently the PA700 in the first place. I will contact you again Keith when I feel my Resources are near ready to see how they work out in the PA700 but as I mentioned this will take at least another six weeks approximately.
Ah well.........Patience is a Virtue...............(as all Korg owners should know by now .....)

regards,
John
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Songbook, AutoSelect, KbdSets, Performances Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. Songbook is the most usefull tool to maintain a library of songs/styles. Songbook entries can hold far more parameters than keyboard sets. And then you have all your Keyboard sets left to call for additional sound configurations for the chosen style ...

Each of the tools (Songbook, KeyboardSetLibrary, AutoSelect for Direct Access via buttons) has its advantages and it always depends on which personal workflow one prefer.

So it does not make any sense to say which one is the best tool - this is something every user can decide for themselves to use a tool in a particular situation.

Most users here familiar with songbook know characteristics of sb-entries, but only a few seems to be concerned with the benefits of registering with Autoselect (Performances / KbdSets / Styles).

In case one like to make music intuitively without a fixed flow or chain of styles or songs it is even a disadvantage to use sb-entries or setlists with all that parameters activating style-change every time selecting an sb-entry. Where it is only necessary to change the keyboard-sets - ie simple patch-changes with direct access via auto-select to kbdset-library-buttons - one need no songbook or autoselect-kbdsets exclusively, but a combination of both.

The same applies to changes in Performances / KbdSets without binding to Styles like John do - after there is no need to bind to Styles it make no sense to use Sb-Entries. It rather would even be a disadvantage to package such kbdsets in sb-entries, which are then no longer available in the kbd-set-library for other styles.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: pa Reply with quote

My pa4 setup for the pa1000 is just the styles,
no sound or pads ,, and the factory songbook I do not use ,i have a custome one , the songbook for the pa4x would work in my setup in the pa1000
99%
you can copy , KeyboardSetLibrary,, but i did not ,, just the styles..
B.Safe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Songbook, AutoSelect, KbdSets, Performances Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

Each of the tools (Songbook, KeyboardSetLibrary, AutoSelect for Direct Access via buttons) has its advantages and it always depends on which personal workflow one prefer.

I agree with that

siebenhirter wrote:

So it does not make any sense to say which one is the best tool - this is something every user can decide for themselves to use a tool in a particular situation.

You are right, I only said that for maintaining a library of songs/styles it is the most usefull because:
- it contains everything you have in the other tools (styles, keyboard sets, pads)
- it adds a number of other parameters and tags
- it is a real database with filtering capacity
- you can have multiple Set Lists on the same database
- you can pilot a laptop or a tablet to synchronize your scores/grids/lyrics, even with other guys in the band (via midi or USB)
- you still have your Keyboard sets available to change the left/right hand instruments for the same song
- the number of total songs is 9999 wich is far more than the number of Keyboard Sets
But I can understand that you may not need all that.

siebenhirter wrote:

Most users here familiar with songbook know characteristics of sb-entries, but only a few seems to be concerned with the benefits of registering with Autoselect (Performances / KbdSets / Styles).

In case one like to make music intuitively without a fixed flow or chain of styles or songs it is even a disadvantage to use sb-entries or setlists with all that parameters activating style-change every time selecting an sb-entry. Where it is only necessary to change the keyboard-sets - ie simple patch-changes with direct access via auto-select to kbdset-library-buttons - one need no songbook or autoselect-kbdsets exclusively, but a combination of both.

I never said that I use Autoselect systematically and once I have selected a SB entry, I feel free to intuitively select as many Keyboard Sets as needed during the song play.
So, I use both of them, each one for its main capacity.

siebenhirter wrote:

The same applies to changes in Performances / KbdSets without binding to Styles like John do - after there is no need to bind to Styles it make no sense to use Sb-Entries. It rather would even be a disadvantage to package such kbdsets in sb-entries, which are then no longer available in the kbd-set-library for other styles.

I do not bind Styles to Keyboard-Sets for the same reason, to allow for maximum freedom during live play.
So my Keyboard Sets are just..."Keyboard Sets", meaning sounds that are played directly on the keyboard and not from the style or midi/mp3.
Packaging kbsets in sb-entries does not prevent you from having lots of individual kbsets, not specifically related to one song.
The one packaged in the sb-entry can be the one that you use most often or at the beginning of the song.
But again, I can understand that one can work differently.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

First of all I think I agree with most of the things said here and let us not forget that in a way there are even too many possibilities of programming. I do contend this though:
1. Korg have introduced too many terms so that many cannot see the wood for the trees. Sounds, Keyboard Sets, Setlists, styles, Songbook entries, etc.etc.
2. Korg have done away with one of the most comprehensive ,understandable and accessive term and possibility , the Performances , ever since the introduction of the PA4X.

In fact the Performance is/was nothing less than a Total Registrations of all settings for left and right + styles settings, in short EVERYTHING. You can still do so of course in the Songbook but then it hast to be labelled "a Songbook Entry". And with all previous series and models this songbook entry could also be stored under the current "keyboard sets " keys, with an extra button (Style Change) which allowed you to choose a different total registriation WITH or WITHOUT the relevant stored style. To this day I maintain that such is a shame and I have brought it to the attention of the Korg representative here in Holland who has close contact with Korg Europe.

It is kind of sad that they have done away with that option and that they have introduced so much new terminology. How about Sounds, Styles and Total Registrations ? Would that not have been enough ? ( apart from samples, STS settings and Pads). Ah well each to his own....

About my current programming......
As with the PA800 in 2011 I find that OOTB ( out of the box) the PA1000 and PA700 sound just about okay but definitely do not shine. Back then I succeeded in making a set called JS Resources which was quite favourably received an duy appreciated by many of you. I hope to emulate that achievement but it is not an easy task. First of all of course Korg have learnt some lessons and their OOTB programming is at least far better than with previous models. Next the amount of data ( sounds, styles, pads, etc.etc) is so overwhelming that one has to wonder where to start. As with my previous programming where I concentrated very heavily on the Performances ( which at the time meant Total Registrations) I am currently focussing all my efforts on Sounds and Total Registrations. ( the latter now exclusively to be found in the Songbook or Setlist). It takes a lot of time and patience but eventually I will get there , at least to a point where many of you will be able to appreciate the contents. More of which by the end of May when I hope to have reached my initial aims.

regards,
John
B.Safe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:
In fact the Performance is/was nothing less than a Total Registrations of all settings for left and right + styles settings, in short EVERYTHING.

You are right, this is exactly the point and probably the reason why Korg removed this feature as it was very confusing with the songbook entry but with less possibilities:
- no filters
- no tags
- no set lists
- no links with tablets
- less entries (<9999)
B.Safe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies wrote:
How about Sounds, Styles and Total Registrations ? Would that not have been enough ? ( apart from samples, STS settings and Pads).

If you limit this way, you either :
- cannot choose a different keyboard set for the same song or
- need to dupplicate all the "style perf" part (PA800 terminology) to have more keyboard sets for the same song
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all a bit too much for a simple player of music like myself. I much prefer to populate the Songbook with relevant set lists each one compiled for each of my different Music Books. Easy enough to add or alter keyboard sets as required. As they say.. Each to there own! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: