Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect Korg Triton Ext Optical OUT to UAD Apollo Optical IN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
310electro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Connect Korg Triton Ext Optical OUT to UAD Apollo Optical IN Reply with quote

I am attempting to connect my Korg Triton Extreme via the Optical OUT on the back of the Korg, into the Optical IN on my sound card, which is a Universal Audio Apollo Quad (Firewire 800). Are there any specific output "settings" I need to make on the Korg Triton Extreme?

In the Korg Triton Extreme Manual Appendices Page 139 - Audio ouputs - shows: Connector: optical, Format: 24-bit S/P DIF (IEC60958, EIAJ CP-
1201), Sample rate: 48 kHz

I have the Universal Audio Apollo sound card sample rate set to 48 KHz

I have also tried switching the Universal Audio Apollo sound card to "EXTERNAL" synch, but still do not hear audio from the Korg via the digital Optical connection.

NOTE: Previously I had my Korg Triton Extreme connected via Optical OUT on the back of the Korg to the Optical IN on my previous sound card which was the MOTU 828 MK3 ADAT IN - and it WORKED! So I know optical connection is possible with a MOTU 828 MK3 sound card. (I still own the MOTU 828 MK3 sound card - but it's connected to another computer). I may also attempt to connect the MOTU 828 Mk3 sound card via its optical OUT to the Universal Audio Apollo's Optical IN.

Has anyone had success connecting the Korg Triton Extreme to a Universal Audio Apollo sound card via Optical?

My DAW is Cubase 5.5
Windows 7 64-bit
64 GB RAM
Asus X99-Deluxe II motherboard
Soundcard: Universal Audio Apollo Quad - (Firewire 800)
QualityNotQuantity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have connected my Triton Extreme via an optical cable into my BabyFace Pro and I have never had any problems; the only draw back I can see is you have no volume control (increase & decrease) via the Triton Extreme...
Carbon2501

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: SPDIF Reply with quote

31Oelectro,
Make sure your digital input is set to S/PDIF in Console Settings for your Apollo. Keep your clock source as 'internal.' Also, there is an "SR Convert" button that appears at the top of the console channel strip for SP/DIF. The Triton outputs at 48kHZ but if your session is in a different sample rate like 44.1 or 96 kHz this will automatically convert it on the way in to avoid mismatch. Hope this helps, and thanks a million for pointing out that the output over optical is 24-bit, I wasn't aware of this.
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Older post, so let’s see if anyone’s watching.)

I’d be curious if the sound quality would be noticeably better with ‘better’ converters; anyone notice an appreciable difference?
Brysonpricemusic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timbukktwo wrote:
(Older post, so let’s see if anyone’s watching.)

I’d be curious if the sound quality would be noticeably better with ‘better’ converters; anyone notice an appreciable difference?

I would be very curious also! I would hate to go through the trouble of doing it if the quality weren’t noticeably better. I also have an EMU MP7 that has Spdif capabilities but never tried it out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: