Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Distorted Sound In samplers Problem !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AluC4rdGr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Distorted Sound In samplers Problem ! Reply with quote

Hello guys
yesterday during job I had a major problem , my sampler strings , and some other sounds was very distorded ... something like a wind passing by .
My first thought was that something was wrong with the cables , I changed them but nothing , then I thought was the expression pedal I unplugged It but nothing .
I used earphones and then I understand that those sound had problem , I tried a factory reset and then again I load my set but problem remained .
It dont happens in all sounds , for example my pianos , or guitars dont have the same problem or at least i cant hear a problem , also i work with this set for almost 2 years so its not a new set or something ..
Anyone experienced same problem ?
Thx in advance guys
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I own a Pa800 it seems to me a familiar problem like with the Pa800 and Pa2XPro; faulty RAM.

Look at these topics: PA800 Samplign RAM Replacement, Korg pa800 distorded sound and Replacement RAM module in Pa800.

To pinpoint the problem accurately, I suggest you load your Pa3X with only Factory Styles and Sounds, try these and listen carefully. If the sounds are good, go into Sampling mode and check your free Sampling RAM amount. This should be approx 128 Mb. If less then the RAM-module is faulty and should be replaced. The same if the amount of free RAM looks okay but when you load your own sounds and these keep sounding distorted, scrappy, hissing etc.

It surprises me this problem pops up more frequently past weeks. Perhaps Korg has a good explanation for this problem? (Paolo?)
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The symptoms in Pa3X differ from heating problems in Pa800 mobo and faulty 64Mb Ram module !
- If distortion concerns only sampling data , first unplug Ram module , clean contacts and re-seat module properly.
Both Ram modules 128 & 256 Mb are perfectly designed and never found defected under my experience.
- If global Ram & Rom sounds are distorted (including in headphones) , then separate audio module is defected and must be replaced.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
The symptoms in Pa3X differ from heating problems in Pa800 mobo and faulty 64Mb Ram module !
- If distortion concerns only sampling data , first unplug Ram module , clean contacts and re-seat module properly.
Both Ram modules 128 & 256 Mb are perfectly designed and never found defected under my experience.
- If global Ram & Rom sounds are distorted (including in headphones) , then separate audio module is defected and must be replaced.

Hope this helps

Whoops, you're damned right. But 64, 128 and 256 MB are pin-compatible, share the same busspeed so that might be the reason I first taught it'd be the RAM-module. My apologies.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also all Pa800 users after 64 Mb Ram failure , purchase 128 Mb that Pa2X has by default , it works as only 64 Mb will be addressed ,
it has almost the same price and will never fail ! Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
AluC4rdGr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys , after some weeks I didn't find a solution , I did 3 times factory reset and I tried 3 different sets , the problem remains the same , I have a distorted sound and an awful noise in every sampler , all Rom sounds are ok , I send it in a technician and we will see what will happen, thank all the people that spend some time to reply here
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AluC4rdGr wrote:
I did 3 times factory reset and I tried 3 different sets , the problem remains the same , I have a distorted sound and an awful noise in every sampler , all Rom sounds are ok

Don't you read our posts ?
This is a clear hardware Ram issue , either module must be re-seated nor your Ram module is mulfunctioning and must be replaced !

paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AluC4rdGr wrote:
Hello guys , after some weeks I didn't find a solution , I did 3 times factory reset and I tried 3 different sets , the problem remains the same , I have a distorted sound and an awful noise in every sampler , all Rom sounds are ok , I send it in a technician and we will see what will happen, thank all the people that spend some time to reply here

PLEASE do as Anthony said about cleaning the ram module contacts and reseating them.

Paul
AluC4rdGr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already had done , this I mean to clear the contacts in the ram but the problem was remained ,
Anyway the problem as u all said was the ram , it had a problem so we install a new ram and Da - Da ! problem solved , Thx all for ur time guys Smile
AluC4rdGr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already had done , this I mean to clear the contacts in the ram but the problem was remained ,
Anyway the problem as u all said was the ram , it had a problem so we install a new ram and Da - Da ! problem solved , Thx all for ur time guys Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: