Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue sounds fantastic!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starscrm7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Prologue sounds fantastic! Reply with quote

Got mine last week, and i can tell you the sound is exceptional!
DSI forums had me worried but i was impressed with build quality and sound. The aluminum switches feel cheap but hopefully they last.
I sold my DSI prophet 6 to buy this one and i am very glad i did. Im sure lots of people will scoff at that but its my personal opinion. I might have bought a DSI Rev 2 instead of this one but heard folks were having issues with the Analog voice cards. I think when people play it in person they will be really impressed. And to the folks crying about its shortcomings like aftertouch and a sequencer etc. Who gives a sh*t!! This thing is worth every penny!
slug

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Prophet 6 last year, the Prologue is much better in my opinion too Smile
Synthee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, it sounds amazing. Very Happy
rgarner

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add my name to this list. It sounds exceptional to me. Nearly everything I found irksome about the Minilogue they fixed in this. The filter is wonderful. The signal path sounds better. The multi-engine's stock waveforms complement the VCOs beautifully. The effects chain is about the best you could expect in-synth.

There are some odd design decisions, a few too many bugs, and there's a bit too much menu diving in the 8-voice, but with an expression pedal it's still a great instrument.

I've cloned the SDK already and started brushing off my C...
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the sound here as well. One of my fav modulations is MW to Crossmod with the range set to around 20%-35%. Just enough to hear it start to do it's thing. It can be subtle but it does beautiful things to some sounds. Especially arpeggios.
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing a discordant note into this praise for the Prologue.
I was waiting much more from Korg with this new synth and I was really disapointed.
There are too many unworthy lacks in it. That's my opinion. (no aftertouch, no filter choice while the Minilogue allow it, etc...) and I've never been touch by it's sound qualities.

Although I love this brand, and although I've been playing on Korg synths since the 70's (with the original MS-20, 700s, Delta, etc...) and although I'm playing now on Kronos 2 (with its huge possibilities and sound qualities), I won't buy this one.

Clearly, you seem to enjoy playing on the Prologue, and of course it's a good thing for you !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: