Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troubleshooting 1st gen nanoKey / nanoPad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Troubleshooting 1st gen nanoKey / nanoPad Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I am writing about a problem with two nanoKONTROL devices.
I recently came into possession of a nanoKey and a first-generation nanoPad. Once attached to the computer, the devices are recognized as actually nanoKeys and nanoPads, but I find it impossible to use them in any way. The physical LEDs are all lit simultaneously (Octave Down/Up/CC Mode for the nanoKey, the 4 scenes for the nanoPad) and the devices do not respond to any key.

However, they are recognized by the computer (Macbook Pro with OSX 10.12.6) even though, apparently, they are only powered (the computer does not recognize any input signal). In the MIDI Audio configuration they are detected, but I can't change Midi In/Out port. Using the Korg Kontroller Editor, however, it doesn't even detect them as connected to the computer. I have already tried to install the latest version of the MIDI-USB drivers available on korg's website, but this has not changed anything.

Unfortunately, not being the first owner of the devices and having received them as already broken, I can not be sure of the cause of the problem.
However, it does NOT seem to be a hardware problem. My main suspicion is that, in some way, the firmware/kernel driver of the devices has been deleted, and so they are now "inert", but obviously I'm not sure this is possible.

Can anyone help me out?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A factory reset is worth trying.
Tobando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
A factory reset is worth trying.

You mean, on the nanoKeys, by holding down the octave down / up and the mod keys while connecting it to the computer right? In that case, I fear it's not working, all the LEDs stay lit and nothing happens :/
I haven't found how to perform it on the nanoPad though, any suggestion?

The official support in my country just answered my e-mail saying it's probably a hardware problem, even though that seems strange to me (I have performed a couple tests with oscilloscopes and stuff and, at least for the nanoPad, the pads seems to work properly, at least physically..)
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the correct key combination for the nanoKEY.

For the nanoPAD, the factory reset key combination is <Hold> <Flam> and <Scene>, whilst powering up.

It's a bit of a long shot, but powering the controllers from a powered USB hub might be worth trying.
Tobando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
That is the correct key combination for the nanoKEY.

For the nanoPAD, the factory reset key combination is <Hold> <Flam> and <Scene>, whilst powering up.

It's a bit of a long shot, but powering the controllers from a powered USB hub might be worth trying.

Just tried the factory reset and it didn't work, and even the powered USB hub proved useless :/
At this point I'm guessing it actually IS an hardware problem, even though it seems so strange that they both suffer from the same issue. And as I'm not the original owner, I can't really know what happened that put them in this state, so I'm giving up.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your answers Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: