Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Please make a 73 key KRONOS with NON - Weighted keys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Schmooster wrote:
which is where my last point came from - why 73 AND 76 key versions in both synth action and weighted?? How did that come about?

Different companies have done different things over the years, but Korg has offered more options than most. The variations are not just in how many keys, but also which keys they are.

The 76-key TR you like was basically replaced by the 73-key M50. Although there were some things I liked better about the TR (aftertouch, ability to load custom samples, assignable out), I did prefer the M50 73-key layout. It helped make the board smaller/lighter (and maybe less expensive?), and for unweighted actions, I prefer that the highest key be a C, because sliding up to the high C is such a classic Hammond organ maneuver that it's nice to not worry about overshooting. (I actually wouldn't mind seeing a 69-key E-to-C which would be the smallest layout that would be comfortable for me for playing organ and LH bass, but 73 is fine.)

On the SV1, the 73 keys go from E to E. I think that is a good choice for a weighted action, where I think those extra keys on top are more useful than having the extra keys on bottom would be (as long as I've got that low E). 76 would be okay too, but 73 usually works just as well, and provides a little more size/weight benefit compared to an 88.

Thank you Scott! I had the M50 61 which although knowing its limitations before buying it wanted the 'baby M3' sounds - I'm not convinced that's what I actually got though and I swapped it out for the Kurz PC3K61 simply because I'd always wanted a K2600 - before the Kronos Kurzweil sounds had so much more depth and reality to them compared to anything else.
That's when I looked at replacing the TR with the M50 76 only to find it was a 73 key board?? I'd never seen one before - I was buying online and the question I asked above has remained unanswered since then, such a simple question I thought but nobody seemed to have a definitive answer till Stephen made it so obvious - and as you pointed out, the TR with extra RAM and assignable out actually made it a worthy board to hang on to - and still is mostly for the reasons you mention, plus it's got years of personalised profs and combis.
However.... a 73 key synth-action Kronos? Now that seems like the ultimate choice - if only it existed lol, I'd love a bigger C - C board, it would make the splits so much better for one thing.

Maybe they'll make it purely because Stephen Kay wants one? Haha. Come on Korg, you DO listen to your customers, make it a reality, please??!

Thanks Scott Wink
Korgdude123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the need. Not sure if they would make one though Sad

www.PureRelaxingMusic.com

Take a few minutes out of your busy day and give yourself the "You-Time" you deserve.

and hear the brand new track "A Journey Through C" recorded using only the notes of the C major Chord at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSn9dD5L47A
Korgdude123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe start a poll over here and, if there is enough traction, you can show it to Korg?

www.PureRelaxingMusic.com

Take a few minutes out of your busy day and give yourself the "You-Time" you deserve.

and hear the brand new track "A Journey Through C" recorded using only the notes of the C major Chord at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSn9dD5L47A
SoulBe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

count me in for a Kronos 73 or 88 unweighted or lightweighted.

Still play my Oasys 76 on top of a Yamaha Motif ES 8 and because of heavy gigging I should replace the O, but K 61 is too small for splits.

best regards
SoulBe
Schmooster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBe wrote:
Hi,

Still play my Oasys 76 on top of a Yamaha Motif ES 8 and because of heavy gigging I should replace the O, but K 61 is too small for splits.

best regards
SoulBe

It IS too small for splits which is why I'm using the Korg TR76 - now I just want a 6 octave C2-C7 73-key Kronos (now that I finally found the reason for having 73 keys AND 76). I love the Trinity keybed, it's hardly been used - I don't think I'll ever get rid of it...... although I recall saying that about an expanded XP50 once..... I talk utter shite, no wonder the mice moved out.

Wow - I wouldn't put an Oasys ABOVE anything worth money lol, that's like sleeping under a jacked-up car just for giggles.
NormC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
SoulBe wrote:
Hi,

best regards
SoulBe

It IS too small for splits which is why I'm using the Korg TR76 - now I just want a 6 octave C2-C7 73-key Kronos (now that I finally found the reason for having 73 keys AND 76). I love the Trinity keybed, it's hardly been used - I don't think I'll ever get rid of it...... although I recall saying that about an expanded XP50 once..... I talk utter shite, no wonder the mice moved out.

Wow - I wouldn't put an Oasys ABOVE anything worth money lol, that's like sleeping under a jacked-up car just for giggles.

Nice collection of Keys in your signature Schmooster! I started with a Casio followed by a Korg DW6000. Sold that when I was in Air Force. Bought a used Alesis QS-6.1 which my daughter still uses and treated myself to the Kronos 2 73 when I turned 50. Still haven't figured out how to use it all but it is fun to play. I just need more time on it. I can fix a Mass Spec but can't correctly load samples on my Kronos.
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody was listening

http://www.kronoshaven.com/featured/korg-kronos-ls-next-kronos/
nikandros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Still waiting... Reply with quote

Still waiting for a Kronos 2 73 unweighted with aftertouch (like the 61)...
Come on Korg... I want to upgrade my M3 73.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Still waiting... Reply with quote

nikandros wrote:

seems like a lot of waiting around for something unlikely

Looks like your best choices are a K2-61 or the LS 88.
Or find a light weight 73 midi controller.
nikandros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Still waiting... Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
nikandros wrote:

seems like a lot of waiting around for something unlikely

Looks like your best choices are a K2-61 or the LS 88.
Or find a light weight 73 midi controller.

Well.. they did the Krome 73... I still have hopes for a Kronos...
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Still waiting... Reply with quote

nikandros wrote:

I'm right with ya. I'd order one RIGHT NOW if they were available.
Thunder Dump

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. As a gigging musician the 2 73 is a pain to lug. Love it at home in the studio but on stage I'd gladly take semi-weighted keys in exchange for portability.
keeverw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely have bought a 73 synth action if it was an option over the 61 that I did buy.

However, Kronos is the best by far, as far as I am concerned, and I would never sacrifice all of it's amazing features just to gain another octave.

I'll just add a small controller to use as a top octave.
I have an Akai minikp that would be perfect for that.
Plus it has pads also.
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: