Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP humming/buzzing when cable plugged in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
extrasupervery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: HELP humming/buzzing when cable plugged in Reply with quote

Hey, new to these forums so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I need some help! My keyboard is humming/buzzing whenever I plug a cable in, whether it's in the back port or the front headphone jack. It is a constant hum, and I can't get any sounds from the keyboard. Here's the story of how it got to this point..

I have a Triton Extreme 88 that I purchased new in 2007. It has always worked perfectly with no problems up until an incident that recently occurred. A few months ago a guitar pick fell between two of the keys and was causing a clicking sound whenever those keys were struck. I used an online tutorial to carefully open up the keyboard and I got the pick out. While I had the keyboard open, I figured I'd try to clean some of the dust around the inside a little, so I used a rag that I lightly sprayed with cleaner and gently wiped down everything but the electronics. I closed the keyboard up and turned it on. The keys all worked fine but one half of the LCD screen wasn't responsive, so I opened the keyboard up again to see if maybe I accidentally unplugged a wire or something. I gave the LCD a good cleaning, checked all the wires and put the keyboard back together. The LCD was fixed and worked perfectly, however now I have a humming sound coming from the keyboard when a cable is plugged in. I can't get any sounds. It is basically unplayable at this point and I'm not sure why, as it was working 10 minutes before I opened it for the second time. Whenever I plug a cable in, whether it's in the back where I normally plug in, or the front headphone jack, a loud constant hum/buzz comes through the speakers or headphones. The hum doesn't change when I turn the contrast knob (someone told me to turn the contrast knob and see if it changes the sound?). The volume of the humming increases/decreases with the volume knob. In other words, you won't hear it if I turn the volume all the way down on the keyboard. It's been this way for months, but I feel like there may have been one instance where I turned it on a few weeks ago and got a piano tone for like, 10 seconds, and then back to humming. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what could be going on. My perfectly good keyboard is no longer playable suddenly and I am super bummed! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as if you did unplug something or break a connection. However, based on these two experiences I would recommend having a professional open it up for the third time and have a look Wink
JohnnyAardvark
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly have a similar issue. Did this ever get sorted?

Steve
Gear and Knowledge Areas: Triton EX88, Alesis Micron, Kawai K4, Moog Sub 37, Elektron A4, Dave Smith Prophet Rev 2, Modal Craft Synth, Dreadbox Erebus V3, PO32, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Reason 10, Various (oops shedloads of) softsynths
My Music and Collaborations : https://soundcloud.com/essjay88
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: