Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BauM songbook+

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Standedge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: BauM songbook+ Reply with quote

Has anyone else had problems using this iPad app with midi to the pa4x My version is subject to frequent crashes when it just stops working. Sometimes a midi reset within the app works but more often a reboot of the instrument is required. As usual Korg blame BauM and visa versa
Tom04

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Songbook+ Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm working with songbook+, PA4X Musikant and Yamaha MD BT-01 and have no problems like this. Normally my setup is working for 4 - 6 hours on a gig or at home. So I can't help you. What kind of Ipad is yours, may your memory runs full.
Greetings
Standedge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: BauM songbook + Reply with quote

Hi thank you for the reply. My iPad is a 64 GB iPad Air and I have 25GB available. My I cloud is almost full but I don’t think that can be relevant. I am at a loss to understand why this should be happening and it’s a real pain when performing in public
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Songbook+ for about 2 years and it has been flawless. Have used both the Apple Camera Connection kit and more recently the Yamaha Bluetooth Wiress midi adapter without problems.

What interface are you using, maybe a dodgy cable?
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Standedge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Songbook+ Reply with quote

Thanks for that suggestion. I am using a lightning camera adapter together with a printer usb type cable. Very interested in the Yamaha Bluetooth adapter. Am I right in understanding that’s your interface between the iPad and a Pa4x not a different Yamaha keyboard? I have to get this bug ironed out. As I’m sure you know it’s so important to have absolute confidence in the reliability of your equipment in a live gig situation. That’s not easy when your using such hi tech gear.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See https://www.yamahasynth.com/component/k2/bluetooth-wireless-midi-adaptors for more details on the Yamaha Midi Bluetooth adaptor.

Hope you sort your problem OK.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Standedge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Somdbook+ Reply with quote

Yes I guess it was a daft question. Thanks for the link. I already have one on order from Amazon. I expect to get that today. They are incredible with their deliveries but not too hot with their staff I believe. I digress. Thanks once again and I will post with my findings after a day or so. Kind regards.
Standedge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Somdbook+ Reply with quote

Yes I guess it was a daft question. Thanks for the link. I already have one on order from Amazon. I expect to get that today. They are incredible with their deliveries but not too hot with their staff I believe. I digress. Thanks once again and I will post with my findings after a day or so. Kind regards.
Standedge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Songbook+ Reply with quote

Well, Yamaha wireless interface duely arrived just some seventeen hours after placing the order. How do they do that? So far it has worked perfectly with no dropouts. It’s early days but I really do think it’s the answer, thank goodness. and thank you for your help. I won’t post again unless the problem reoccurs.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

we´ve checked it on a musicians-meeting this year, that´s definetively a problem of the iOS.

If you´re using the Yamaha BT-Adaptor everything works fine, if you´re using the cable the problems are present with iOS 11.0 or higher Wink

With ( iPad Air ) iOS 10.x it worked fine, with iOS 11 it doesn´t anymore...

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Songbook+, new ipad and Yamaha BT01 3 months ago. It took a while to set it up, but with a little help from this forum the job was done.
The BT01 works perfectly with no drop- outs and I love Songbook+.
The old way of setting up set lists on the PA4X is gone forever.
Rosco-Australia
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I have been using Unrealbook and the PA series for years (as in selecting Songbook entries via MIDI - hence no need for the PA setlist tool).

I use the IK Media iRig MIDI for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: