Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EA-1 - No sound from headphone jack, half sound from outputs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiginon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: EA-1 - No sound from headphone jack, half sound from outputs Reply with quote

Bought an EA-1 with no sound coming out of the headphone jack, and only the left side coming out of the to mix outputs. Opened it up - no loose cables, no bad soldering, no black spots or smell of smoke. In other words, nothing obvious. Replaced the headphone jack with a brand new one from Korg....and still no sound. If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated. Not really sure what else to do, as my knowledge of electronics is pretty limited. What else should I be checking?
bolshaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here.

no audio signal from any output.
i tried to restore the factory presets, but still no sound.

does anyone know something about it?

best regards!
Afronaut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: No Sound on Part 1 Reply with quote

Hey folks!

My problem is a bit different but in the same direction i guess.

Got my EA-1 today, knowing that the Main Volume pot needs to be fixed.
While checking the functionality of the rest of unit, which seems to be all fine, I had to notice that there is no sound from Part 1.
Im not sure if the problem deals with the broken pot, since im not familiar with the structure of this device. I know all of the other Electribes, so I‘ve got a assumption how it should work and made some tests.

Before I start to discribe - the Part Volume Pot is definitely working and turned up - this is not the source of the problem Very Happy

1) If I take signal from the Headphone Output, Part 2 is hearable on left and right channel, which should be correct. No sound from Part 1.

2) If I plug a mono cable to Output Part1/Mix, I can hear Part 2, which should be correct. No sound from Part 1.

3) If I plug a mono cable to Output Part 1 and a second one to Output Part 2 (each one going to a seperate channel on my mixer), i should hear Part 2 only on the Output of Part 2 i guess? But Part 2 is playing on both Outputs. No Sound from Part 1 on any channel.

4) I‘ve tried to modulate Part 1 with Audio In to see if i can get any signal this way with no result. Modulation with Part 2 works as well as Audio In Thru.

Would be super nice if someone could give me some feedback about my assumptions to see if the unit behaves like it should or not.
I would be very grateful if anyone got ideas or solutions to share.

Best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: