Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EFX panning?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: EFX panning? Reply with quote

So I am using this sound (this same thing applies to many others but I'll pick this one) Tine EP Phaser (factory non-edited) How does one actually pan the effects so I can pan the sound? The dry box is unchecked and I can sort of hear panning of the dry sound when I pan, but no efx?

I looked at the editing section for the effect in use and there are no options for panning. Does this mean all the effects are hard wired for Centre pan?

TBH, I have never really "got" Korg efx structures, even on the Kronos haha!

Thanks
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you have three options (correct me if I'm wrong please):
1. Sound Edit mode, apply the effects and parameters -> then save your edited sound in a user bank and select it with a KBD Set
2. Master effect: you can select and edit it from a KBD Set. Don't forget to apply the FX-send parameter. (at Zero you will hear no effect). Then save your edited KBD Set.
3. Apply an Insert effect, set it to you liking (several parameters per effect), then save your edited KBD Set.

You can combine the upper three options, so loads of possibilities!

Play in style. Wink
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but your post has nothing to do with the stated issue!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: EFX panning? Reply with quote

miden wrote:
.. editing section for the effect in use and there are no options for panning. Does this mean all the effects are hard wired for Centre pan? ..

I think in Pa-Keyboards since Pa1x signal for effect-processors coming from the tracks (Send) is a mono signal. Before effect processor it is separated in two "wires" (right and left) and processed in stereo. From the effect processor the signal output is in stereo and added to the mixer output (right and left, headphone or internal Speaker).

Effects that make sense for panning, also have the appropriate parameters to create a stereo image by setting its parameter and also pan individually.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, not really. Most efx are (and should be) suitable for panning left or right, whether it's a stereo effect or a mono effect. Just look at most DAW's!!

Like, if I am using a desk live and run an insert on a channel, I can still pan that channel left or right and the efx go with it.

I can sorta understand when using master efx, as these are usually run over the entire F.O.H. mix.

Still looking for answer here, but thanks for your contribution.

FWIW, I know I can do it via removing the efx factory set into a patch, then re-connect the dry signal to the chain and THEN insert the effect via the mixer, but, really??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: