Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue 16 gets quite warm on the right side while in use.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Prologue 16 gets quite warm on the right side while in use. Reply with quote

Hi guys, it is quite hot summer this year, i do not have central ac but my in-wall ac does not provide proper cooling. I noticed my prologue is getting quite warm on the right side after approx 1 hour in use. I do not have the issue with other synths though? Do you think it is some kind of weird thing or other people have the same?
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don’t have a Prologue (would like one, though!), but my question would be: is that the side that the PSU is on (is the mains inlet on that side)?

My Kronos has the mains inlet (and thus I assume the PSU) on that side, and the case on that side does get warm after a while, but nothing to worry about.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the side with psu. I have the feeling it also gets warm a bit closer to the middle where the voice boards are located.
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info from Korg on the proper operating temperature.
Quote:

Thanks for contacting Korg USA Product Support and for purchasing the Prologue 16.

We designed prologue will be tuned correctly in 50F to 86F, and much humidity is not good for an analog circuit. In addition, the Prologue need to be placed on their four rubber feet, or on a X style keyboard stand for heat emission. If you place the Prologue on a soft surface and there is no space between the bottom of the Prologue and the surface, the tuning can be affected.

Please also update the os on the Prologue to version 1.12 to see if this helps solve your issue. The update can be found at the link below.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/778/

I will be happy to forward your suggestion of additional beat divisions to the arpeggiator when in external clock mode.

Best regards,

Product Support
Korg USA, Inc.

HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, it was deffo higher than 86
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: