Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonglow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good thoughts there, GregC. Paired with a Jupiter-80, my original Kronos 88 has been the centerpiece of my live rig since 2011. Like many, I’m looking forward to “the next big thing” but there are advantages to purchasing a product at the peak of its product maturity cycle. If a new K3 builds on the K2, I might be tempted to get one. However, if the next Korg flagship goes in a new direction I’ll probably snatch a K2 at a reduced price and ride that off into the sunset.

In terms of my wish list, I’ve always like the CX-3 engine but definitely second the request for a Vent-like Leslie sim. I’ve also heard the Grandstage includes a piano engine not currently offered in the Kronos, and that some of the mono patches are really nice. If accurate, this would be a nice addition, as well.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonglow wrote:
Some good thoughts there, GregC. Paired with a Jupiter-80, my original Kronos 88 has been the centerpiece of my live rig since 2011. Like many, I’m looking forward to “the next big thing” but there are advantages to purchasing a product at the peak of its product maturity cycle. If a new K3 builds on the K2, I might be tempted to get one. However, if the next Korg flagship goes in a new direction I’ll probably snatch a K2 at a reduced price and ride that off into the sunset.

Good to hear from you. Jup 80 is a strong partner with your K.

Agree with your sentiment on K thinking/planning. I have +30 originals dependent on the Song format. I would need the K3 to be backward compatible.

If not, I would also hunt for a K2, on the cheap, as a way to add longevity. I also think the K2 is overdue for a price drop.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

My guess there is a 50% chance for a Kronos 3 January NAMM 2019. A K3 would be an incremental improvement over the K2, not a dramatic
improvement. If its a go, they are now working on it.

If this does occur, we would see a reduction in K2 inventory at retail 60/90 days
before Jan NAMM. That with an MSRP reduction would be a tangible signal of product transition.

As a Korg watchers we could mark our calendars in October as a possible clue of retail activity on the K.

Only 3 months away, if you like to plan.

GregC wrote:

I also think the K2 is overdue for a price drop.

I agree.

If Korg does drop the price enough, I'll snatch one up from Sweetwater with their zero percent payment plan.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Greg,

I think your % has gone up from a while a go.

I think I agree with you though, same software technology improved slightly with improved hardware, must be a winner.

Unless they think the WS market has gone, everyone has to make a profit.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Hey Greg,

I think your % has gone up from a while a go.

I think I agree with you though, same software technology improved slightly with improved hardware, must be a winner.

Unless they think the WS market has gone, everyone has to make a profit.

Hi Bob, you have a good memory. I usually toss around #'s for a K3 and the imaginary very expensive new W/s model( un named).

I think a co like Korg should have exciting and different keyboard products to offer just about every year, certainly every 2 yrs.

When I look at their product lineup, Korg has done a good job emphasizing Analog and IOS + software. I am not a user of the categories, more on the outside.

When I look at the recent W/s models and digital synths, I see several derivatives or offshoots of what we mostly have available in Kronos.
Not as newly compelling to me as a K owner. Metaphor is riding the same horse. The business is about streaming profit , long term.

I can't speak for Arrangers. I don't recall a game changer from Korg per last NAMM.

If there is a product cycle to be considered, maybe we are due for the newer workstation or newer digital synth. Thus my optimistic 50% chance.

As you suggested, 'everyone' has to make some profit from the sale of the new product. Everyone in the generic sense is the Mfgr(Korg) , the country Distributor, the retailer, and businesses doing parts and service.

I would guess that the product development teams are very busy working the plans for 2019. This is the 'stuff' we never hear about from Korg, not even in a general product sense.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very simple request for the set list.

Besides, cut/insert/paste, I would like to see a move left/right button (arrow), which swaps the current selected set list slot left or right. This prevents accidentally removing slots when pressing 'cut' twice.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More karma. Maybe a dedicated software editor of karma GEs
ITguy54

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some type of modular or semi-modular system where expansions can be added to the base system. I don't mean modular analog.
In-the-CHORD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Midi note editor like the M3 for Midi recordings per track Reply with quote

But improve upon it,
This could be added in an upgrade lik they did adding the ability to color set list cells.
Whitefalcon

Last edited by In-the-CHORD on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The posibility of calibrating the expression pedal like the PA4x.
hag01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more wish:
Please Korg, add some of the Kapro Orchestral libraries(without additional charge).
chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better and fatter unison
More polyphony
Korg Triton polyphonic arpeggiator (programmable arpeggiator)
marc1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A step sequencer matrix for drum programming would be very welcomed. As someone who like's to programm drums instead of playing them, this would be very useful to have. I know it's similar to piano roll albeit not identical.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
A step sequencer matrix for drum programming would be very welcomed. As someone who like's to programm drums instead of playing them, this would be very useful.

This would be awesome.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
marc1 wrote:
A step sequencer matrix for drum programming would be very welcomed. As someone who like's to programm drums instead of playing them, this would be very useful.

This would be awesome.

My wish is that people would stop buying the Kronos 2 so Korg would have an incentive to bring out the 3. Then I would like to see Korg drop the price on all Kronos 2 models by $1000. Hey I can dream can't I?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: