Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer Audio Track Time Stretching and "Allow Tempo&

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Sequencer Audio Track Time Stretching and "Allow Tempo& Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was playing around with time stretching of audio tracks in the sequencer last night and I've been having problems getting it to work consistently.

The problem seems to stem from the fact that for newly recorded audio regions the "Allow Tempo" option is defaulting to "Off". In order for time stretching to work using the "Adjust Region to Song's Tempo" option it then becomes necessary to manually open every audio region, select "Trim" and enable "Allow Tempo".

However, according to the manual, "Allow Tempo" should default to "On" for newly recorded regions:

Quote:
This specifies whether the Region’s Tempo (see “Tempo
[40.00…300.00],” below) will be used when executing
the menu commands “Adjust Region to Song’s Tempo”
or “Adjust Song’s Tempo to Region.”
Normally you will leave this turned on, and turn it off
only when using “one-shot” samples such as rhythm
instruments whose length you don’t want to change even
if the tempo is changed.
This is turned on when you record or import.

Two other issues I've found is that sometimes the "Adjust Region to Song's Tempo" seems to do absolutely nothing - it immediately exits - even when the "Allow Tempo" option is enable for all regions and the region tempos are set appropriately. The second issue I've come up against is that when time stretching does work properly, the tempo of the resultant new regions isn't set correctly.

Any tips or pointers as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Lee
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget it... Just forget it.... The actual Kronos has nor the big processor nor the adquat software inside to render beautiful and fidele time stretching. This kind of stuff needs real power and an inelligent software for making it seriously. Maybe the next Kronos... These are companies that have created softwares plug ins specialized for time-stretching. Search within google for these Wink

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take your comments on board, but I tend to avoid any sort of time compression / expansion algorithms in the first place. I know there are some very good algorithms out there, and I know the ones in the Kronos are comparatively rudimentary, but for the most part I have a workflow that avoids them.

Still, for the odd time I need to make some minor corrections to a tempo it would be handy to use the inbuilt facilities of the Kronos, particularly as it's essentially my main DAW Smile
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: