Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set up a CC program Change in a Sequence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tatun2010

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: How to set up a CC program Change in a Sequence Reply with quote

HI, i'm running a couple of audio tracks in a sequence, no midi data. In midi track 1 I have a EP sound and a bells sound in track 2 to play over. I want to create a control data that changes from midi track 1 to midi track 2 in measure n° 47.
How can I do that?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can locate sequencer to measure 47 and then record the track changes into the sequencer. I think you could also do it via step recording, drop down menu and select step recording and then insert track change.

I am not sure how easy it is to use midi event edit to insert it there or move it to exact time location in the sequence.

think control changs record into master track even if you Record them into track 1 or 2.

https://youtu.be/jNnM4Ifx0qY

Maybe you can ignore my comment and follow the video link above, for how to make program changes into your song.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s really easy: in Track Edit, select the page menu and go to “Create Control Changes”. In there is the option to add a program change on the track and location of your choice.

Also, no control data is ever recorded to the Master track.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
tatun2010

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
It’s really easy: in Track Edit, select the page menu and go to “Create Control Changes”. In there is the option to add a program change on the track and location of your choice.

Thanks! I see Create Control Data command but when I select it I dont know how to set the program change. Just see the regulars Start and End values boxes. I dont figure out how to insert the program change data.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatun2010 wrote:
SeedyLee wrote:

Thanks! I see Create Control Data command but when I select it I dont know how to set the program change. Just see the regulars Start and End values boxes. I dont figure out how to insert the program change data.

You would have to know the control change CC# and enter that in the “Control change type” edit cell.
Even i would would have to dig around to find it and cannot be sure the CC# would change my program to the right one.

So i would rather try locating sequencer to Measure 47 or the measure you want to have control change begin, and then change the program and start recording from there. All you have to do is record the one measure or two for the control change to enter and hold. It will stay through the rest of the song as long as you don’t enter any other control changes to alter it.
Then you can go to track-edit tab-page and pull down menu to find Midi event edit and select only “Program change” for the events to edit. Disable the other options like Note, pitch bend, exclusive and such.
That way your event list will only have your program change data in it for sorting out. Less clutter to sift through.
You can then copy and paste the target event into any time slot you want so that it starts at the exact point you need it to.

The video in my other comment above, shows how to use Midi event edit to do this.
Record the program change in manually, takes just a minute to do and then go to midi event edit to position it more accurately in the event time-slots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: