Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random stucked notes.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Random stucked notes. Reply with quote

Original Kronos 88. This has happened to me very rarely, but lately I am getting it more frecuently. In Set List, sometimes its a lead sound, sometimes is a Combi with Strings, one note get sucked. Its a very random situation.

My kronos is updated and fully loaded. How to stop this random stucked notes please? I don’t think is a hardware situation from what I have read in the forums.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this happen when playing the Kronos by itself or do you have other MIDI gear connected to it ?
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Does this happen when playing the Kronos by itself or do you have other MIDI gear connected to it ?

I am only using the Kronos, and when it happens I usually play a fast passage or a large group of notes. It sounds to me like a MIDI thing. What I have done so far when the problem happens is to reinstall the current OS, but a couple of weeks or months go by and the problem comes again. The problem happened again yesterday and what I did this time is to load the Global settings from the Factory PCG (V2).

If you have an idea of whats going on and how to solve it, please let me know. I have seen I am not the only one who has faces this situation. So far I havent found a concrete answer of why this happen or how to solve it. Thanks in advance.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a video of a Jordan Rudess Kronos clinic some years ago, he is having he exact same problem I have.

https://youtu.be/5FiMeFFSLu4

Check out At 17 that a note is stucked while he is playing. The problem is even more obvious in 1:11 to 1:23. I have seen a couple other videos from clinics with this problem and freaked me out hoping that never happens to me. But here we are.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exsequor699 wrote:
Here is a video of a Jordan Rudess Kronos clinic some years ago, he is having he exact same problem I have.

Check out At 17 that a note is stucked while he is playing. The problem is even more obvious in 1:11 to 1:23. I have seen a couple other videos from clinics with this problem and freaked me out hoping that never happens to me. But here we are.

its not a good recording- so I can't hear it.

I think its midi, too. Over processing.

Tell us exactly where you are on your K, ( what combi, etc) and if you are hitting
your pedals, etc, etc.

Lets see if we can duplicate it
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exsequor699 wrote:

Form 1:15 to 1:22 listen well and watch how he has to change patches manually and the stucked notes goes away. It happens thru all the performace of this clinic. There are 6 videos of this one, I am only showing 1.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just happened to me again, playing a Combi of 3 HD-1 programs. I was palying an arpeggio and a note got stucked. Hit the Compare button and the stucked note goes away. I would like to stop it from being stucked in the first place. It has happened with a lead sound HD-1 program as well, so far these are the sounds I remember that presents the problem.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exsequor699 wrote:
It just happened to me again, playing a Combi of 3 HD-1 programs. I was palying an arpeggio and a note got stucked. Hit the Compare button and the stucked note goes away. I would like to stop it from being stucked in the first place. It has happened with a lead sound HD-1 program as well, so far these are the sounds I remember that presents the problem.

HD-1 does not use much polyphony

from what I read, you are using your own home grown combis.

You didn't say anything about your pedal use.
Or programs used.

If it was your keybed, it might be specific keys or specific notes.

try looking at performance meters, you might be over stacking stacking FX

Without better and more details, can't help much

You could try a youTube and see if the issue re-occurs.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
exsequor699 wrote:

HD-1 does not use much polyphony

from what I read, you are using your own home grown combis.

You didn't say anything about your pedal use.
Or programs used.

If it was your keybed, it might be specific keys or specific notes.

try looking at performance meters, you might be over stacking stacking FX

Without better and more details, can't help much

You could try a youTube and see if the issue re-occurs.

Its really a strange thing. The problem happens with or without the use of the pedal. If you can, please check out a video I posted in the Kronos Enthusiast facebook group. Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: