Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M3 wont power up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Korg M3 wont power up Reply with quote

so it was working fine, turned off o/n next morning completely dead, no power at all, no power surges and it was connected through Furman power conditioner so I opened it up and took the K300 power adapter to local electronic store the power brick (adapter) is working fine, what else can go bad? the power board consist of resistance/ capacitors I have no way of testing them, throw me your thoughts, called the local Korg service center they told me they do not repair Korg M3 anymore as they are not able to orders parts for it..
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. The power board is KLM-2700. Have you conducted a visual inspection of this board? I'm not sure it's of use to you as you've already had your power supply bench tested but you could take a look at this thread:

https://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19621

Check that glass fuse!! I would be looking at that guy first. The service manual describes it as:

500464071003 FUSE FUSE 125V 4A 0233004.MXP 1

Available at tons of places including:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Littelfuse/0233004MXP?qs=WtG364jHAdwH8EdkOD5HrQ==

If that's blown then that's an easy fix. However if you replace it AND it continues to blow then you have a more serious problem.
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the suggestions and links I will update you how it goes, thanks again
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so just to update, the power board (part KLM-2700) was bad I replaced it actually had to buy the the whole power unit from eBay which included a new power adapter and assembly, but so far all is working well. fingers crossed Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: