Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's "wrong" about the Yamaha PSR's sequencer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratquebec

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: What's "wrong" about the Yamaha PSR's sequencer? Reply with quote

Hello Very Happy

Some Korg PA users on this forum and elsewhere talk about how weak is the PSR770's (or equivalent models) sequencer.

I use a PA600 to record songs ideas and I must say that its sequencer is not a joy to use either but the more I use it the quicker I get things done, and that’s the same with any software isn’t it?

On paper (I never even tried a PSR so far) the PSR770 sequencer seems as good (or bad) as the one on my PA600. About the same functions and tools, same learning curve. I never even tried a PSR but I’ll probably get one one day so I would like to know from experienced users what's really "wrong" about the PSR’s sequencer or in other words, what can’t be done with it compared to the one on my PA600?

Thanks for your inputs!

Very Happy
Brian007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had a Tyros 5 and used the sequencer a few time to step record chords etc ......

And it has its good points and bad points , OK the good first

It will automatically advance a bar after you make and input, where My kORG pA700 Does not seem to do that ?

Now the bad, The Korg allows you to copy and duplicate tracks, insert bars, delete bars and generally in my opinion dos a whole lot more than the Yamaha will, or at least what I could figure out to do

Brian007
stratquebec

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian007 wrote:
Hi,

Now the bad, The Korg allows you to copy and duplicate tracks, insert bars, delete bars and generally in my opinion dos a whole lot more than the Yamaha will, or at least what I could figure out to do

Brian007

Wow! Thanks very much for your answer!
Can't believe that! Copy-paste-insert-delete bars.... So basic stuff !

Not in a hurry to get a Yammi then! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: