Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convert earlier pa series sets to pa4x without any warning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Convert earlier pa series sets to pa4x without any warning Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/286/4064/

Last edited by ebuzer52 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be specifically for Musikant conversion

I would personally be wary converting "factory" data - this surely could leave your PA4X in a very different state?

Sorry, but I really can't quite see why one would use this program - what exactly is it converting that is different to simply loading the SETs - maybe I simply don't understand it.

Pete (confused!!!) Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

I would personally be wary converting "factory" data - this surely could leave your PA4X in a very different state?

Sorry, but I really can't quite see why one would use this program - what exactly is it converting that is different to simply loading the SETs - maybe I simply don't understand it.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/286/4064/
is provided by Korg, but author this Topic forgot to give Korg credit for this. Laughing
Maybe I'm wrong, but kinda not cool post on KORG forum product made by Korg and point to someone website without event mention is Korg.
I do making website and I know a rules, This Software is copyrighted and shouldn't be linked without permission, which this site may have....or not.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! When there's a clean official link, why not just provide that link? I really thought this was a 3rd party software.

ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are completely right, now I downloaded program again, i saw it is originally made by Korg. And wrote an e mail to website about copyright rules. i think they forgot to point it. This is an original software of Korg.
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Karmathanever, i have got some style SET which are prepared with factory sounds and kits on pa1x. After i started using pa4x, some channels of these styles did not work well, i addressed sounds and kits by one by and worked normally. Today i met this program, my 4x is not musikant, but i even so converted them to check ability of program. it worked and played well, any harm given to 4x, it did not changed fabrique datas of 4x. When loading some sets to 4x, it gives alert as "not pa4x file" or "some resources could not load". So i realized that program solved these problems. This is my experience. i hope it will be useful for anothers who need it. Thanks a lot
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebuzer52 wrote:
You are completely right, now I downloaded program again, i saw it is originally made by Korg. And wrote an e mail to website about copyright rules. i think they forgot to point it. This is an original software of Korg.

In that case, you might want to edit the link you posted, because you're still sending people to the wrong website .

Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

the following is my translation from the official german-language Korg-forum, posted by the german KORG-support member "Alex".

"The Converter-tool is exclusively only for converting PA3X-MUSIKANT-Sets to PA4X-MUSIKANT.
Itīs only remapping PA3X-Musikant Sounds/Style links in songbook entries, Pads, Style/songbook STS and perfomances.

Thatīs the reason why itīs NOT recommended for INTERNATIONAL or ORIENTAL Versions.

The name of the tool is intentionally "MA4Y-Musikant-converter-tool" and itīs designed for data-migration from PA3X-MUSIKANT to PA4X-MUSIKANT.
Otherwise it would have been published by KORG on the appropriate downloadsites of other PA3X / PA4X Versions.
For other than MUSIKANT-Versions thereīs no need of remapping because sounds and styles are almost on the same memory-banks than in the corresponding PA3X-Versions
"

The MUSIKANT has a partly complete other memory numbering than the international version ( so MUSIKANT-Users canīt use the "songbook-editor-software" because the styles are in different locations. If "Waltz2" is displayed you may hear "Udo1976" ( only as an example ! )

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
ebuzer52 wrote:

In that case, you might want to edit the link you posted, because you're still sending people to the wrong website .

Yes, i edited just now. Thank you for reporting my mistake. Have nice play music Wink
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoopy wrote:
"The Converter-tool is exclusively only for converting PA3X-MUSIKANT-Sets to PA4X-MUSIKANT.
Itīs only remapping PA3X-Musikant Sounds/Style links in songbook entries, Pads, Style/songbook STS and perfomances.

Thatīs the reason why itīs NOT recommended for INTERNATIONAL or ORIENTAL Versions.

The name of the tool is intentionally "MA4Y-Musikant-converter-tool" and itīs designed for data-migration from PA3X-MUSIKANT to PA4X-MUSIKANT.

Thought this was worth repeating in case anyone misses this description and causes themselves a problem (thanks Snoopy)
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: