Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1000 - record mp3 and metronome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
@musiccankill, Biggles, alfredokiwi, Reuben and all others not involved in Topic

You 100% right.

Nothing is Perfect!!
Not even KORG (I wish was)
This forum is NOT Korg Customer Complain Service, is Independently create for people who share experience.
We are here to get solution, make things works, we not here to moaning and complain.
....but is few Users (sadly) who only trying troll and complain on all.
JUST IGNORE THEM, not wort it your time.

Well said
Very Happy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Record MP3 with Metronome - Pa1000 Reply with quote

Record MP3 with Metronome - Pa1000

Shandera wrote:
.. play and record .. the metronome .. is recorded in the finished mp3 file ... I have a marriage!

After receiving no clear answer to your question despite three pages of comments:
There is no cancelling function for the metronome with MP3-recording of Pa1000, as your are expecting - SO IT IS NO MARRIAGE!

It also IS NO BUG OF PROGRAMMERS - as users have stated - but for this simple function the Pa1000 is not usable, because Pa1000 IS A CUT-DOWN-VERSION (less features ...) as explained.

musiccankill wrote:
.. pa700/1000 is like pa600/900 and like pa500 , they are CUT DOWN VERSIONS (less features, less outputs, etc. and of course lower price than flagship models)...

So it is recommended to use an additional external Device as metronome - or to become a professional, because Professionals do not need metronomes.

Nemik wrote:
.. Pro musicians not using Metronome .... It Is What It Is, and now you have to decide if you can leave with this or not.

Hopefully there are no other useless functions of the Downsize instrument Pa1000, otherwise you would have to buy some more external devices to be able to perform simple functions with the Pa1000, because to become a Professional - how they frolic in this forum - seems not to be possible one fast can

Nemik wrote:
.. forum is Independently create for people who share experience. We are here to get solution, make things works, we not here to moaning and complain. ....but is few Users (sadly) who only trying troll .. JUST IGNORE THEM, not wort it your time.

There I'm all in your opinion - although it has nothing to do with the unsolved problem of a cancelling function for metronome in MP3-recording!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEFINITIVE METHOD TO PRODUCE AN MP3
using metronome but not having it sound on the MP3 file.

I now know where you have been going wrong.

Interested, then read on.

There are multi recording modes but if you record a MIDI using the inbuilt Metronome when you playback the MIDI the metronome will sound.

Now switch off the Metronome and playback the MIDI, result no Metronome sound.

Then with the Metronome switched off press and hold the MP3 Record button, this brings up the Record MP3 screen, select quality and location then click on Rec.

How do I know this works, because I have just done it on my 700.

It is all well and good asking for advice here but before you seek advice you would be advised to look at the Korg Video Manuals and in this case on Recording and read the appropriate sections of the Manual.

RTFM is always the first choice.

Enjoy the solution then come back and appologise for all the adverse comments.

Bye from one smug Brit.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Record MP3 with Metronome is not canceled in playback Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. I now know where you have been going wrong ..

I was not going wrong
- I have no problems with adverse comments
- also have no problems with metronome
- I also know the "definitive" method of the two-stage processing without advising (smf first recording, mp3 second recording)
- also read manuals for instruction

Entry of that thread was Shanderas problem with mp3-recording, that can not be done in one-step with metronome, because lack of cancelling function of metronome in playback.

Shandera seems to expect that cancelling function and simple wants to know, if that feature was not considered by software-engeneering or it would be a marriage (meant a defect only in his instrument would occur).

Who ever records with mp3 and metronome in one-step expect a metronomes cancelling function for metronome in playback, so the simple answer for him would have been "Pa1000 IS A CUT-DOWN-VERSION, lacks of that feature, because only existing for midi-recording". Nothig else - but answers was worthless, not suitable to help, just annoying.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the metronome is not a critical issue because can be replaced using a pocket unit. But there are design flaws on DSP engine that affects the quality on recordings. I included a lot o videos about issues that happens on Pa3XLe. Because the Pa1000 is basically the same DSP engine it would have the issues regarding the quality of recordings with the TC-Helicon voice harmonizer.

At the end the metronome is a minor issues that don´t counts...

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: tc-helicon Pa1000 Reply with quote

alfredokiwi wrote:
.. there are design flaws on DSP engine that affects the quality on recordings .. DSP engine it would have the issues regarding the quality of recordings with the TC-Helicon voice harmonizer ..

Seems to be a problem - features of successor should not be worse or less than those of predecessors.
The terrible sound quality regarding mp3 recordings an the TC-Helicon vocal processor caused by a technology used in today Pa-Serie, seems to have its reason because MP3 recording features was introduced to only get a sample of your composition. To perform a higher quality MP3 you must get it on external devices (was recommended in one related thread).

Hopefully there are no more functions of the Downsize instrument Pa1000 intended only as a toy or provisionally applicable for the simplest of needs, otherwise you would have to play again with an external device.

Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: tc-helicon Pa1000 Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
alfredokiwi wrote:
.. there are design flaws on DSP engine that affects the quality on recordings .. DSP engine it would have the issues regarding the quality of recordings with the TC-Helicon voice harmonizer ..

Seems to be a problem - features of successor should not be worse or less than those of predecessors.
The terrible sound quality regarding mp3 recordings an the TC-Helicon vocal processor caused by a technology used in today Pa-Serie, seems to have its reason because MP3 recording features was introduced to only get a sample of your composition. To perform a higher quality MP3 you must get it on external devices (was recommended in one related thread).

Hopefully there are no more functions of the Downsize instrument Pa1000 intended only as a toy or provisionally applicable for the simplest of needs, otherwise you would have to play again with an external device.

Intended as a Toy.
Now you really are TROLLING.
moebrand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones

Last edited by moebrand on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: tc-helicon Pa1000 Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. a Toy .... really are TROLLING ...

Maybe it looks like trolling, but it was not me that recommends "If what anybody wants is to perform a high quality MP3, you must get it on external devices" but was commented in thread "Pa4X same mainboard & sound engine as Pa3XLe and Pa600 ?"

It also was not me who commented "Pa1000 is a downsized instrument" - better think about if and who often is trolling here.

I agree with Moebrand to close that unnecessary discussion sometimes far away from facts.

midimusa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg PA1000 - record mp3 and metronome Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
I bought the Korg PA1000. I play and record in memory Korg. The problem is that I play under the metronome and its sound for some reason is recorded in the finished mp3 file.
Owners of Korg PA 1000 - 700, do you have the same? Please check. If not, then I will return to the store, so I have a marriage!

I own a PA1000 and this feature is not included on this instrument. You can not choose the audio output for the metronome click because PA1000 had only one audio output. If you need this feature you need to by a PA4X where you can do that. It has 2 audio outputs and you can send the metronome click to an alternate output and the MP3 will recorded at the main.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA1000 - record mp3 and metronome Reply with quote

midimusa wrote:
Shandera wrote:
I bought the Korg PA1000. I play and record in memory Korg. The problem is that I play under the metronome and its sound for some reason is recorded in the finished mp3 file.
Owners of Korg PA 1000 - 700, do you have the same? Please check. If not, then I will return to the store, so I have a marriage!

I own a PA1000 and this feature is not included on this instrument. You can not choose the audio output for the metronome click because PA1000 had only one audio output. If you need this feature you need to by a PA4X where you can do that. It has 2 audio outputs and you can send the metronome click to an alternate output and the MP3 will recorded at the main.

Interesting.

The solutions have already been posted but they may be of use as no doubt other models have the same limitation.

1) use an external metronome.

2) use the inbuilt recording function to produce a MIDI, edit the file as you wish then output this file to MP3. Switching off the metronome prior to output will result in an MP3 without the metronome clicks.

What is easily overlooked is that the PA models prime recording feature is to produce an editable MIDI file that can be edited far easier and quicker within the PA than it can in a DAW, producing an MP3 is a secondary feature.

Why do I say a secondary feature, an MP3 is a lossy file format an hence it does have limitations.

Recording output formats is one area where the PAs could be improved, it would be nice to have lossless formats available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: