Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Havian 30 Problem recording Pan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanloop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Havian 30 Problem recording Pan Reply with quote

Hello

I cannot recording Pan (CC 10), via an external controller, while recording a variation.

While I turn the knob I hear the sound going left to right and so on.
But nothing is recording when I look in event edit (and, of course, the sound is not panning when I play my variation).

I can insert CC10 in event edit, but that's not what I want to do (ping pong in dance style).

I have no problem recording others allowed CC (eg: 71, 74, 11, 12, 13) with the same external controller (a novation LauchControl XL).

As I am interested in buying a second keyboard, a PA1000 or a PA4X. I will want to know if these models encounter the same problem.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Check your midi tab in global in the filters section and disable them all!Maybe there is a filter there that prohibits the cc10 from getting recorded!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
jeanloop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Thank you for the response.

I have no filters in my Midi config, and, as I have say, the sounds responds to the message when I play it, so midi message is received and correctly interpret by the Havian.
But nothing is recorded.

Cool if you can test it on your Havian.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to find a way to send CC10 to it so i can test it on both havian , pa300, pa700 and 4x..
Havian and pa300 must be the same (it is effectively the same instrument with small feature changes in software)...
Do you know of any program that could send midi CC10 messages?

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
jeanloop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a test in my daw, inserting CC10 and CC16 for the good channel, then I play this short sequence while Havian is recording in style record mode.
CC16 is recorded on Havian but no CC10.
So this confirm, for me, the behavior.

More precisely, here is my Midi in config :

Ch1 Upper 1
Ch2 Upper 2
Ch3 Upper 3
Ch4 Lower
Ch5 Off
Ch6 Global
Ch7 Control
Ch8 Off
Ch9 Bass
Ch10 Drum
Ch11 Percussion
Ch12 Acc1
Ch13 Acc2
Ch14 Acc3
Ch15 Acc4
Ch16 Acc5

No filters

When I send CC10 with channel 6, it is not recognised (no green indicator in Style play mode for Acc1) and interpret (sound don't move from left to right) by the Havian.
This is not the case for others allowed CC send with this channel.

If I send CC10, say for Acc1, with channel 12, the CC is recognised (green indicator in Style play mode for Acc1) and correctly interpred (I hear the sound from left to right for Acc1).
But nothing is recorded.

In all cases other allowed CC (1,2, 71, 74, 12, 13, 11, 16, etc) are recorded and correctly interpred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: