Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue: Korg USB MIDI driver Win7-64 not installing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicInclusive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Minilogue: Korg USB MIDI driver Win7-64 not installing Reply with quote

Hi,

No matter what I try I cannot get the Korg USB MIDI driver to work under Windows 7 64-bit to make use of the librarian.

(It all works fine on Mac OS, but the ML is in my Windows studio not my Mac studio).

I am using the latest driver from the Korg site. DrvTools_1_15_r14.exe

I have (with admin privileges):

- Installed the driver. Says: Not properly installed.
- Removed and reinstalled the driver (and Librarian), several times...
- Removed other midi devices using the Korg tool to uninstall them (I have less than 10 - been there, read about that).
- Removed the entries from the registry by hand
- Removed all Korg device driver entries by hand from under c:\Windows
- Used a different USB port
- Used a different cable
- Removed other USB MIDI drivers and started with the Korg driver
- Used the Driver Signing Enforcer Overrider

NONE of these work. (And downgrading to Windows 10 is not an option - I have an otherwise completely stable Windows 7 studio setup that I am not planning to change to Windows 10 any time in the future).

I have googled every possible way people have tried to make this work and it isn't yet. I've tried all the pertinent suggestions. I am not an inexperienced computer user (36 years as a system administrator, software engineer / programmer, trainer...) and am perfectly comfortable at the command line in multiple operating systems. Razz

Where I am at now, from a completely fresh start, wipe MIDI devices, wipe registry, uninstall, wipe disk entries - all as above - is that I get as far as it saying it has completed the driver install when double clicking and running through the confirm boxes in DrvTools_1_15_r14.exe

However, when I plug in the ML, Windows installer beavers away and says it successfully has installed the driver. MIDI-OX shows that there is a minilogue. Windows CPL Audio/MIDI devices shows there is a minilogue device.

However, when I then go to configure the ML driver it shows kernel mode driver: N/A and no device.

And, if I try to manually install the driver using the Install MIDI driver entry under the start menu -> Korg -> USB MIDI driver it tries to do it but says it's not properly installed when it's complete.

I'd like this to work.

Someone at Korg: please advise. I waited from March - when I ordered - until July - when it arrived - to get the ML and now I can't save patches using the Librarian.

Thank you in advance.

And, please, gently, can I ask: can whoever at Korg steps in to answer this, please offer something tangible, detailed and not something nebulous like: "reinstall Windows from scratch"; this is a working studio system that isn't about to get completely reconfigured Very Happy I have tried the obvious due diligence things already as noted above... Wink Thanks!
mnx2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Minilogue: Korg USB MIDI driver Win7-64 not installing Reply with quote

MusicInclusive wrote:
Hi,

No matter what I try I cannot get the Korg USB MIDI driver to work under Windows 7 64-bit to make use of the librarian.

(It all works fine on Mac OS, but the ML is in my Windows studio not my Mac studio).

I am using the latest driver from the Korg site. DrvTools_1_15_r14.exe

I have (with admin privileges):

- Installed the driver. Says: Not properly installed.
- Removed and reinstalled the driver (and Librarian), several times...
- Removed other midi devices using the Korg tool to uninstall them (I have less than 10 - been there, read about that).
- Removed the entries from the registry by hand
- Removed all Korg device driver entries by hand from under c:\Windows
- Used a different USB port
- Used a different cable
- Removed other USB MIDI drivers and started with the Korg driver
- Used the Driver Signing Enforcer Overrider

NONE of these work. (And downgrading to Windows 10 is not an option - I have an otherwise completely stable Windows 7 studio setup that I am not planning to change to Windows 10 any time in the future).

I have googled every possible way people have tried to make this work and it isn't yet. I've tried all the pertinent suggestions. I am not an inexperienced computer user (36 years as a system administrator, software engineer / programmer, trainer...) and am perfectly comfortable at the command line in multiple operating systems. Razz

Where I am at now, from a completely fresh start, wipe MIDI devices, wipe registry, uninstall, wipe disk entries - all as above - is that I get as far as it saying it has completed the driver install when double clicking and running through the confirm boxes in DrvTools_1_15_r14.exe

However, when I plug in the ML, Windows installer beavers away and says it successfully has installed the driver. MIDI-OX shows that there is a minilogue. Windows CPL Audio/MIDI devices shows there is a minilogue device.

However, when I then go to configure the ML driver it shows kernel mode driver: N/A and no device.

And, if I try to manually install the driver using the Install MIDI driver entry under the start menu -> Korg -> USB MIDI driver it tries to do it but says it's not properly installed when it's complete.

I'd like this to work.

Someone at Korg: please advise. I waited from March - when I ordered - until July - when it arrived - to get the ML and now I can't save patches using the Librarian.

Thank you in advance.

And, please, gently, can I ask: can whoever at Korg steps in to answer this, please offer something tangible, detailed and not something nebulous like: "reinstall Windows from scratch"; this is a working studio system that isn't about to get completely reconfigured Very Happy I have tried the obvious due diligence things already as noted above... Wink Thanks!

You are not the only one : http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=697259#697259

Korg has a bad software reputation. Look at this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OfwDr8oYQ

But who finds the solution...
MusicInclusive

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FIXED IT!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OK. Know what it was?

2 Things:

a.) The Korg installer installs to the wrong place

Instead of installing to Program Files, it installs by default to Program Files (x86). Yep. I changed that and it got further.

b.) I still had to use the dseo driver signer because Windoze 7 64 still didn't recognize the Korg drivers as being signed, but, once done, it all happened!

Of course, prior to doing this, I had rerun the uninstall utility and cleaned the registry again of the existing MIDI driver to be on the safe side.

Now it's working and I can use the Librarian.

Thankful!

KORG - please fix your installer! Very Happy
salvatal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: I have the same problem Reply with quote

MusicInclusive wrote:
I FIXED IT!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OK. Know what it was?

2 Things:

a.) The Korg installer installs to the wrong place

Instead of installing to Program Files, it installs by default to Program Files (x86). Yep. I changed that and it got further.

b.) I still had to use the dseo driver signer because Windoze 7 64 still didn't recognize the Korg drivers as being signed, but, once done, it all happened!

Of course, prior to doing this, I had rerun the uninstall utility and cleaned the registry again of the existing MIDI driver to be on the safe side.

Now it's working and I can use the Librarian.

Thankful!

KORG - please fix your installer! Very Happy

I had the same problem, I tried moving program folder to program files (x86) to program files, then I removed previous drivers. I downloaded a dseo and launched test mode. I restarted pc and tried to install from installer64, but still doesn't work. Whould you please tell me the exact process you did because I'm going crazy Very Happy. Which DSEO you used?
Thanks a lot!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: