Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notes 'off' when sequencer stops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnxyz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Notes 'off' when sequencer stops Reply with quote

Hi all - When I press Stop on the sequencer, any notes that I am physically playing or holding are cut. This is annoying me intensely.

Any idea how or if it can be resolved?

Thanks!
simoniz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to avoid that, unfortunately. I don't even think that the Kronos 2 can do that, I know for sure that the Kronos X cannot.

The Triton Extreme, specifically, treats the sequencer being on as everything having the potential to be recorded. What this means is that, upon stopping the sequencer, all sounds, lpf/hpf cutoffs, and adjustment knob settings are reset to the internal memory of the point you stopped at.

It's essentially a part of why you can record changing control info, and the board won't just use the current settings of your knobs.

The only way around it would be to use a dedicated sequencer, either hardware or laptop, and just record your stuff onto that.
johnxyz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that explanation.. it makes sense but is still frustrating. I play live with the sequencer and sometimes need to kill it but am still playing. ie so that I can give the drummer a break from the click when we get to a point when the sequencer can stop.

I could mute his click output channel but thats not as easy as hitting a foot switch to kill the sequencer.

Thanks simoniz
simoniz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if you could switch between having that feature and not. Just most of the time it would be horrible to have to manually put the knobs back at the end of a take... but I've had many times where I'd rather have it flow through the end so there isn't an abrupt knob change due to the knob being 1/4 turn past neutral.

I don't know your skillset with the soldering kit, but I'm going to try and think of a mod that can do this, just pop a switch right up on top. There's gotta be a latch in one of the ICs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: