Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Set List Reply with quote

Hi, only home user but learning pa 1000 and just stepping into Set List. Is it possible at any stage after collecting a few song to put them into alphabetical order perhaps on a computer with a usb.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Setlist function works in conjunction with the onboard Songbook function.

You create a Setlist from the Songs in the Songbook.

There is a Songbook Editor that is available for download and with a bit of luck Korg will get their finger out and make the Editor function with the 1000 & 700 at present it only works with the 4X and older PAs
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Set list Reply with quote

Hi Biggles, thanks for the info, I am finding the set list handy. It is a bit of a change from Tyros 4.
romney_yw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you add a song to the (current) setlist, it is placed in the first empty location.

So you can crudely sort them in the arranger by deleting the entries from the setlist (not from the songbook!) and then re-adding them in the order you want. This is workable for a setlist with only a few entries, but becomes a major chore if you want to sort a large list. The songbook editor (as already mentioned) is probably more relevant for large lists. You should be aware that the editor has not yet been updated to support the newer arranger keyboards, although it is usable with care!

I'm bound to ask why you want the setlist in alphabetical order anyway? The setlist is designed so that you can easily move to the next (or previous) song in the list - so the order in which you want to play the songs is perhaps more appropriate here?

If you're having difficulty finding things in the songbook, you can sort the display alphabetically by tapping on the name column. Also look at filtering the list in the songbook page, and also explore the search function which is a powerful way of find almost anything on the keyboard...

Finally, you might want to investigate adding song numbers to the songbook entries you particularly like. This helps to find songs quickly and you can change the numbers you assign to change the sort order of the songs. The downside here is that songs without a number are effectively numbered 0, so your numbered songs appear at the bottom of the songbook rather than at the top, which would perhaps be more useful....

Hope this helps!
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To move songs from the selected Set List:
1 - Go to the SongBook > Set List page, and touch the song you want to move or remove from the list.
2 - Edit the list. Use the Move > Down ( ) and Move > Up ( ) buttons on the display to move the selected Song to a different position in the list.

(from PA1000 user manual page 131)
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, thanks for the info. I am ok with songbook which goes A to Z, and I just thought I would like the setlist the same at certain times. For me as a home player this is simpler on the eye to navigate. I do take on board comments as it always helps to make improvements. Great keyboard.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: aphabetical Reply with quote

you have a full songs list and you have set list , the songlist is alway in aphabetical order , but the set list is in the order you want it to be

example I want to play song
1 then song 9 and then 4
but if you want the songs ( in a set list )to be in order you have to Arrange then one at a time ..
OR this is what I do and it fast ,, ( I have song list with 90 songs in it ) I just use the
songbook for the computer,using the computer ,

just open two computer songbooks ,load one songbook and then you just need to copy all (ctrl + A ) in the set list to the other song book and it put it in alphabetically order , then just copy all again and paste it back , done,

I have four singer and i keep there song in order the way,,,
doing it one by one take to long .

one song book forn the pa keyboard and two songbook open on the computer ,,
but first as always BACK UP...
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dubyt 2 Will keep all info, I will move one at a time for now, and use computer further on. Thanks for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: