Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleaning Up Song Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinnin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Cleaning Up Song Files Reply with quote

Greetings,

So I run a handful of sequences in my band. I've always made individual seq files for each song to allow me to edit and save them in case they are used in different projects. Then, when I want build a setlist using songs, I just use load/Clear, then Append to build a "list" of the songs. I save that file for daily gig use. Saves me loading time and confusion.

My issue is over time, my sequence files are getting "dirty" in that loading the one song brings forth the song itself and one or more blank songs (song 003) or some such thing. It wasn't a bit deal but the latest batch of adds has really made a mess.

This mess was made worse by my hair brained idea to try to "Initialize" a few blank songs in the hopes that this would fix my blank issue. The result was even more blanks!

Does anyone know how to prevent this issue?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning Up Song Files Reply with quote

Phinnin wrote:
Greetings,

So I run a handful of sequences in my band. I've always made individual seq files for each song to allow me to edit and save them in case they are used in different projects. Then, when I want build a setlist using songs, I just use load/Clear, then Append to build a "list" of the songs. I save that file for daily gig use. Saves me loading time and confusion.

My issue is over time, my sequence files are getting "dirty" in that loading the one song brings forth the song itself and one or more blank songs (song 003) or some such thing. It wasn't a bit deal but the latest batch of adds has really made a mess.

This mess was made worse by my hair brained idea to try to "Initialize" a few blank songs in the hopes that this would fix my blank issue. The result was even more blanks!

Does anyone know how to prevent this issue?

To clarify, I believe what you are saying that your individual Song files are including all the 'blank ' or numbered files, such as New Song 003, 004, and so on until New Song 199.

And that you find the extra blank/unused numbered song blanks to be annoying(dirty ?), or counter productive to your organization

I think we are stuck with this Korg SEQ approach. I am unaware of any systematic filter to ' not show' the unused/blank " New Songs"
Phinnin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Greg. It's not the existence of the other songs that's the issue. Rather it's when I append songs together (to form an anthology of songs in a project), blank songs would get added to the list for some reason. So my list might go:

000 Uptown funk
001 Billie Jean
002 Song 002
003 Song 003
004 Tainted Love

Where that song 002 and 003 would just appear on the list even though I never loaded them. This wasn't a big deal for the last few years as I kept my list small and the "offender" added songs were few.

Then I did a new batch of sequences to run lighting more intricately, so I created a ton of click tracks with lighting in time to them. These were saved as single songs and in this case, those "added songs" were very large in number (sometimes 10-12 blanks) between desired songs.

Fortunately, I figured out the problem:

If you are in a new sequence, say working on a new light sequence, and you accidentally scroll down the songlist (happens sometimes when you think you have selected measure #) you can create new songs if you touch a slider or button.

So I was doing this on songs and not knowing. This was creating a song 10 or whatever, which was then being loaded even though it appeared blank. Then when I appended that song to a list, I got a bunch of unwanted adds.

The way I diagnosed the problems was by watching the loading screen when I did the append. Sure enough it would say "loading song 0: uptown funk" then for a quick second it would say "loading song 10: New Song 010". That was creating the mess.

The fix is find the offending song with some data and do a "initialize song" on that. Then the file will append as intended.

I have no issue with the way Korg does things on these. I just apparently need to be more careful to not even touch a slider or button if on another song (even accidentally).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: