Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabreeze147

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Missing sounds Reply with quote

I purchased a triton extreme from a church. Whe I got it home I discovered I had some factory sounds missing according to the list I pulled up that says triton voices. I’m missing some in both program and combi mode. I compared the list to what I have missing. I’ve done a factory reset and recovered some but I still have factory sounds according to the list. I’m not sure if some of them maybe exb moss card. Not sure how you would know if you have one installed with tearing into. Does any one has some suggestion on what’s going on here. Thanks
johnxyz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - when you switch the Triton on, it will tell you if Moss is installed or not. On the same screen that tells you how much DIM memory installed.
If it doesn't say Moss... its not installed. Or take the silver plate off under the synth, the moss board would be installed under there.
john
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Korg USA:

Reloading the factory sounds --

To reload the factory PCG and Demo data, hold down the [MENU] and [EXIT] buttons while powering the unit up.

Note that the F bank marked MOSS will be disabled unless you have the optional MOSS board installed.

Also, there are, I think, 2 or 3 empty program banks or banks containing 'INIT' initialized slots for user saves.

It's been a long time but I think the factory voices (program) were A-D filled, E user, F-Moss, G - GM, and H-K filled and L & M half or more 'INIT's

----

Check out the Download Section for free voices including those that may be missing from the EXB-PCM libraries.

There are several samples that appear not to have made the cut from the EXB-PCM card libraries when compiling the Extreme's ROM -- so if those are what you're looking for you may be out of luck... some ethnic instruments, some samples from the industrial kits, some synth waves that were considered too similar to those on the ROM already, and others.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Seabreeze147

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Sounds Reply with quote

Thanks for your input in this matter. Sorry it took awhile for me to respond. I ust got back on here and saw the suggestions. Thanks for getting back with me on this matter.
Brysonpricemusic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
Per Korg USA:

Reloading the factory sounds --

To reload the factory PCG and Demo data, hold down the [MENU] and [EXIT] buttons while powering the unit up.

Note that the F bank marked MOSS will be disabled unless you have the optional MOSS board installed.

BB

I also just bought a Korg Triton Extreme (not from a church, but the lady was Christian 😁) I was thinking to do a factory reset just in case any presets were changed. If I did a factory reset, would i also have to ‘reload factory sounds’ as you mentioned above?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "reload routine" in the previous email resets all sounds - by which is meant combinations and programs into their original factory slots so any of your sounds will be overwritten and lost. Save what you want to keep.

You can also save the factory sounds to a USB flash drive and load thing that way - the Extreme's factory settings are in the program library here. In most cases that's a simple drag & drop.

Be aware that most recent USB's are way big - for best compatibility try to keep it small (8 GB or less) and clean (no extraneous files other than .pcg's) you'll be able to load quite a few for use and references.

BillBaker

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Brysonpricemusic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: