Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme White Noise On Piano Type Sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubbaDubbaDoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme White Noise On Piano Type Sounds Reply with quote

I recently purchased a used Triton Extreme. The keyboard works great except for most of the piano and piano related type sounds such as xylophone, marimba, rhodes et cetra generate a horrible white noise. Many of the other sounds within the ROM sounds just fine. It is only these certain ones that make the noise.
Is there a fix for this? Or is it time for this keyboard to be parted out?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth checking that the audio input sensitivity control on the rear panel is set to minimum.
RubbaDubbaDoo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried that and still have the same results. I notice now that there are more sounds effected by this noise issue. Certain drum sounds like snares and timpani, just about any sound that has a short attack and long decay will produce this digital white noise.
It makes me wonder if the samples are corrupted. If that is true, is there any way to flash the factory sample ROMs/multisounds?
I don't mean a factory PCG restore, but the actual sounds that the entire Triton Extreme library is based on.
RubbaDubbaDoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After discussing this with several Korg certified keyboard techs and not able to get any answers from them. And also after asking korg tech support themselves who also were unable to answer my question I found a solution.
Motherboard replacement.
But motherboards are near impossible to find and are very expensive.
Luckily the board I got was returnable. So that's what I did, then I bought another Triton Extreme that did not have any bit-rot.
Problem sovled!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: