Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I NEEED this style!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tordenspyd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
It seems that you can't "save" all the STYLES to USB which is another reason I didn't buy it.

Is that correct? - e.g. on the PA1/2/3/4X you can save all styles (including factory)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

You can save all the styles to USB.
Also all the demo songs are also saved to USB in a backup.

However, it may be limited what you want with them,
and seems not straight forward.

I've decoded most of the elements of the styles in terms of instruments and notes played in each variation and has thus create a marker separated midi file, so it can be done, but I have no personal motivation decode other settings of the variations.

As for the songs, they are not midi either, I have been told that they have been encrypted, but I don't know. I think there may be copyright issues.
Maybe it is different in different regions, mayne it is different for different versions? Ive seen Japanese having Karaoke text , and the ability to change or mute instruments. My Liverpool is not like that.

But, again I didn't care for the Beatles content of the Liverpool.
I loved it because of the price.,
and the British Flag, It may become a collectors item in 100 years if it survives the temperature rise. Very Happy

Last edited by tordenspyd on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool and I understood when you posted this before - I am just curious about you saying
Quote:
However, it may be limited what you want with them,
and seems not straight forward.

..so doesn't is save normal Korg format STY files?

I am actually considering grabbing one whilst they are so so cheap but if I can't save normal format styles I will definitely pass on it.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
rockola

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one a while ago and, so far, regard it to have been a waste of money. As you will be aware, it is a glorified MicroArranger and is basically a cut-down version of a PA80. It has annoying "mini" keys, with ancient samples and lousy amplification. Even through better amplification it still sounds poor by today's standards.

However, the Beatles songs and styles are superb. It states very clearly in the manual (quite a few times) that you cannot edit, save or export any of the Beatles content. You can modify and save all of the other files, which are from the PA80, as normal. You can edit the instrumentation of the Beatles content "on the fly" but there is no facility to save it. My Liverpool does have the facility to display lyrics for the Beatles songs and Karaoke files. It does not have a USB port, and instead, relies on an SD card.

I originally downloaded the users manual from the Korg website, where it is still available in the "discontinued" keyboards section. I was reading it last night because I still live in hopes of playing the Beatles content through my PA4x. The MIDI section of the manual seems to suggest that it is possible to use the Liverpool as an external sequencer to play the sounds of what it calls "your favourite old synth". It goes on to explain how to set it up, which I haven't got my head round yet. Unfortunately, I'm more of a keyboard player than a computer programmer.

Don Watson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: