Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

midi in and out pa500 and irig midi interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agkorg27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: midi in and out pa500 and irig midi interface Reply with quote

Please can someone help me. I have been tearing my hair out to solve a simple yet insurmountable problem I have purchased an app to create set lists on my ipad. I use an irig midi 2 interface to connect to the pa500. I have tried all possible global settings on the pa500 to be able to send and receive midi messages...No good. The irig midi interface works perfectly well when I connect it to other keyboards such as the extreme and kronos. I hope to be able to send midi messages to the pa500 to change styles for an upcoming job and my time is running out. Thank you for your help in advance...Angelo
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: midi in and out pa500 and irig midi interface Reply with quote

agkorg27 wrote:
.. irig midi 2 interface to connect to the pa500 ... to send midi messages to the pa500 to change styles

If iRig works perfectly when is connected to extreme or kronos - what kind of Midi messages did you send and what channel do you use with output of iRig?

Connect Midi-Out of iRig with Midi-In of Pa500. Messages you send on a channel with iRig will be recognized on same channel of Pa500, if Midi-In use same channel-number as your iRig.

So use Midi-In-settings of your Pa500, do not filter the message-types and route it to that tracks of Pa500 you want control remotely with MIDI. Use Midi-Messages as described in implementation-chart of Pa500.

To select Pa500-styles via MIDI it is necessary to use the corresponding commands (bank change MSB -CC00 and LSB - CC32) and program number on the "Control" channel - so define transmission channel in Midi-In of Pa500 as "control" and send yor Midi-Message (MSB, LSB, PC).

If you change between song mode and style mode also Midi-Setup will change. So it is recommended to save your preferred Midi-Settings in both modes.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: