Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyrics in mp3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
export-B

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Lyrics in mp3 Reply with quote

Hello company. Which program do you suggest to write text to mp3? The platform is OSX(Mac). The CDG variant does not. I had a Lyrioke Maker, but it only works on the PC platform. Is there anything useful at your disposal?
Thanks for the quick reply.

export-B
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This program works very well and also works in Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/karlyriceditor/?source=typ_redirect
And its free.
Usage instructions that I have put together (originally posted by Karen):

This product will create a .cdg file. As long as the .cdg file matches the .mp3 file name, it will work on the Korg Pa. So both files xxx.mp3 and xxx.cdg need to be on your USB or copied to your internal disk. When you choose play only the .mp3 file will be visible.

The karlyricseditor program all works straight from a single executable file that you download. {Hint: It will likely be in your downloads folder so copy the exe file to say a new folder in Documents then right-click it to create a shortcut}.

To use. You start a new project, accept the LRC Version 2. Associate the music file MP3 and enter bio info and you are ready. Type or copy/paste in your lyrics. You can add chord prompts using STANDARD brackets like (Am) with the lyrics. Play the song and click on the "insert mark" button to mark the beginning and end of each line. For a screen break, just leave a blank line. {Hint: leave a blank line at least every 8 (Pa3x) or 10 (Pa4x) lines of text}.

Once you are done, you simply choose: Project > Export CD+G file.

Tips: keep your text lines short in order to get the maximum font size for your .cdg file (maximum 35 characters per line to create a size 10 or 11 font). Also, it does not matter which font you use to create the .cdg file, the Korg displays the same font. So, the more streamlined font you use to create the .cdg file, the bigger the font you can get. For 11-point font, you can get away with 8 to 10 lines per screen and so on (see application settings).

Load the song into your Korg keyboard. You won't see the lyrics appear until the song starts playing. If you still don't see the lyrics, check the Lyrics screen for a small button "CDG" in the upper right corner.

The karlyricseditor program is downloadable from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/karlyriceditor/?source=typ_redirect
export-B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Reuben,

I tried it. It works. But with a little exercise will go. It's a pity that this is a CDG system. With Lyrioke I inserted texts directly into mp3s. Unfortunately, it does not work anymore. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Regards,

Boris alias export-B
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
Mitzie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying 1manband- Serenade v5.3 for midi, but they also do Serenade for mp3 -If it's of any help
export-B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for the answer and the hint. Specifically, I'm looking for something similar to Lyrioke Maker just to work on OSX. Is there anything like that?

export-B. Boris
majkarica

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Lyrics in mp3 with MiniLyrics Reply with quote

You can add lyrics directly in mp3 with MiniLyrics so you don't need to have two files. You will make karaoke very easily. It's free addon for all platforms.

My question is how to separate lines of text. If lines in song are short KORG automatically show two lines in one row and that's a little bit messy.

For example i would like to see something like this:
But when I call you never
Seem to be home

But KORG PA4x will show me this:
But when I call you neverSeem to be home
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the minilyrics program but cant get it to work.
Are you able to explain the process step by step?
I seem to get the option to save as .lrc or .txt or .snc all of which don't seem to be compatible. It also has the option to "Save in Song File" but I can't seem to be able to copy this file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: