Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set list mode improvement suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
striphio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Set list mode improvement suggestion Reply with quote

Thing that I lack in setlist mode is fast switching between different setlist's during live play on gigs. Setlist mode is mode that a lot of musicians use a lot on gigs. My main concept of organizing sounds on kronos is via setlists, so i can have sounds that i frequently use during gigs fast reachable. Some type of sounds are in setlist 0, some on 1, 2 and so on...
It's kind hard, slow and annoying when i want to select sounds from different setlist, every time i must touch small setlist select tab on upper left corner of the screen and select desired setlist manualy or with num keys. My suggestions are :
- When we are in setlist mode, setlist physical button is no use, so instead to touch on screen setlist tab, we just hit setlist button and then we can immediately enter setlist number with numerical keys.
- In setlist mode bank buttons are also without use, so it would be nice that we can assign them to different setlist (setlists 0 to 13, or user configurable)
- To add setlist list entries key select option (in addition to volume, hold time, trans)so that we can store same combination with different scale keys for various use in setlist.

I hope that korg developers will consider those things. It will be great for live use for a lot of musicians.

Best regards. Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is to use in a set list the order in which you play a gig. So if you have a gig, put all your sounds in set list slot 1 for example. When you have another gig, change the order (or what I normally do is copy it to set list 2, and change the order). That way during a gig you only have to go to the next slot inside a set list.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
striphio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in most my gigs (like wedings) i usually play what guests want in realtime so i have to switch fast sometime beetween different setlists. Rolling Eyes
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striphio wrote:
Well, in most my gigs (like wedings) i usually play what guests want in realtime so i have to switch fast sometime beetween different setlists. Rolling Eyes

So you have more than 128 set list slots needed for one gig. Than you might need indeed an easier navigation.

Btw, with PCG Tools you can easily alphabetically sort combis inside a set list slot, that might also help to easily find them back.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: