Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up a combi with drum arps. Firmware is glitchy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wpostma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Setting up a combi with drum arps. Firmware is glitchy? Reply with quote

Is there a set of steps for setting up a brand new combi from blank initial settings, that shows how to add drum arp to any track.

The problem I have is that it seems you need:

- to set the combi settings 3.1 midi tab, set it to INT and set a midi channel. Most of the presets seem to use midi channel 2 and 3 which is not documented in the manual. No matter what I use, altering these values has no proper effect, or rather, it may seem to work while editing the combi but if you save the combi, the settings do not work, the drum sound won't trigger.

- you also need to set up combi edit arp page 6.1, setup and arp a and arp b, and zone.

Neither of the above is sufficient on a new patch. THere's more undocumented magic, or there's firmware bugs in my Korg TR combi editing.

What I believe is:

1. You can only get a drum and bass combi by copying an existing DnB combi and then altering it.

2. There are bugs and weird midi routing issues when uyou start altering midi channels and arp A/B settings in a live program ,that cause the live arp setting to not match the values on screen, and not play properly.

3. There are bugs that cause the arp settings not to be loaded when loading the combi.

4. Only factory presets, saved to a new slot works to get around these glitches.

Weird one.

W

Warren Canada
wpostma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I asked this question about 4 months ago and it doesn't look like anybody reads these who uses the combis and who knows how to set up arpeggiators.

Help!

This is making this keyboard insane for me. The best way to set up a combi is to copy one that does what you want (ie has a drum arp working).

Once a drum arp is triggered by the keyboard (pressing keys plays drum sounds) you are screwed, korg's firmware makes it impossible to create a combi that will:

1. play drum channels from the arpeggiator but NOT the keyboard.

2. route the arp signal into the combi channel.

This is deeply annoying.

W

Warren Canada
okafee

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Only 2 years late, but I ran into this same issue today and figured I would post the solution for anyone else who came upon it.

I have a Triton LE but I'm pretty sure they work the same. I found the solution on Page 99 of the LE Basic Guide when they talk about Combination A003: Drum N Bass Kit.

Basically the part I was missing was the extra "dummy" channel assignment for the arpeggiator. You have to assign one of the tracks you aren't using to the same arp the drums are using, but set it's status to OFF and the Midi Channel to Gch. Then you set your drum track status to INT and midi Channel 02.

Now you should be able to start the drum arp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: