Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA STYLE LISTER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yh thats a pity even though i don't have a mac i know some mac users that used to use it..

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG PA STYLE LISTER Reply with quote

Tom04 wrote:
.. I just finished a little tool ....

Hi Tom,
thank you, I am happy when you try to develop and provide auxiliary tools that make it easier to work with Pa-keyboards.

It confirms that there is a great deal of catching up to do here on the part of KORG. It is all the more unpleasant that KORG does not take care of itself to provide such tools, but has even refused for more than 20 years to help customers to help themselves with their own software tools.

For simple conversion software - such as the Pa Manager - there should therefore be no place in the market, at least not at this high price and not with more than questionable business practices (access for monitoring / controlling clients - don't believe anti piracy but rather gentry).
As early as 2000, a Pa80 user (the Italian Riccardo Esercitato) analyzed Korg's style files at the time. The result of the analysis at the time is also applicable to Korg's Stylefiles today, as the most essential features have remained the same in order to break down style files and write them in different sets in modified order.

After Riccardo received no support from Korg, he published the result of his analyses in 2003. These are addresses, flags, as well as length and quantity of data within the file that define the number and length of file blocks (header, index, midi data, style setting, etc.). With this info, you can write each style in a valid Pa-format separately as a set or add it to other sets - it is much simplier as Pa-Manager tends to suggest.

With RicFreaks XRM, there was a freeware written in VB6 to reorganize styles - and much more comfortable than with the Pa-manager. According to the Pa800 model, the style format changed slightly from the Pa3x onwards (number and length of data blocks) - XRM was no longer operational for Pa3x because it was not adapted.

In the meantime, there are several style formats, recognizable in HexEdit by flags (Z110A h V2.0.0 ... V7.0.0, Z111A hour, Z113A place .. etc) and even more reliable in length information and block informations, with which the current styles can be reorganized through conversion software - as done with XRM.
The same applies to the SysEx headers of the SMFs of Pa keyboards. In 2012, the Pa500's SysExs header was analyzed and published. With some experience it really isn't difficult - but like style-analyzing something time-consuming. The developers of the "Optimizer" probably also benefited from this, because after that the equalizer parameters for Pa-keyboards in the Optimizer could be changed for the first time.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=75337&highlight=sysex+header
PS: You can organize (move / write / insert) existing styles from different sets - but can't change the content of a style, because its contents are compressed - if you ask Korg for compression algorithm they always refuse to share this.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
midimusa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Tool Very Happy

Now i have tested it some weeks and this is what i like in this case.
It can read the stylenames not depending of the style version (PA80 ... PA4X). Even the "PA1000 Musikant" Local styles it can load and understands the style names in the .set folder. For me it is the best way to make the lists.
And it works fast!
Can you add possibilties for KeyboardSets, Pads - If I remember right, the headers of the files (beginning where are the names) should be the same.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just installed this. After I double click get an error message

'' The Expression You Entered Has A Function Name That Access Cannot Find ''

Can you help ?
Tom04

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a problem with the runtime module. Try to reinstall the access 2010 runtime. This might work.
midimusa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first time i see the same, but after installing the german version of the access 2010 runtime it works normal.
lorenovax

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tom04, your application works wonderfully.

I am developing a database with Excel to store all the lists of the .SET configurations I have in the archive.
After having exported in Excel format from your application, I insert the data in my application, where it is possible to filter, reorder and compare the style banks of the present .SET configurations, including the factories banks of the many arrangers.
It is also possible to compare an internal set already stored in my database, with an Excel file exported from your application, without necessarily having to enter it.
If you want to share the source, some users could customize it.
Thanks anyway.
Greetings.
oliv73

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NativeAngels ; Did you find a solution to your problem ?
I have exactly the same error message
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didnt
Tom04

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@lorenovax
I will send you the source code in the middle of June, thats no problem, at the moment I'm in holidays.

@nativeangels
I would also recommend to install the german runtime version.
I regret to have no other Idea or help.
ewart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tom04

This utility you've created is great & just what I wanted. Unfortunately it does not seem to work.

When I double click on KORG_PA_STYLE_LISTER it says 'The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Access can't find.'. Now when I click OK it displays Macro name : AutoExec, error number: 2425, Action name: Run Code, Arguments: Starteigenschaften().

I tried with both the English & Dutch versions & both 32 & 64 bit versions - No luck. It gives the same message.

I am on Windows 10 (Enterprise version)

Any help/ideas would be great as it would save a lot of manual typing.

Thanks & Best Regards
Ewart
Tom04

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ewart,

I will check this. I've done some changes on the program, it now reads recursively all subdirectories.
Just wait some days, I will make a notification here, after the new compilations in 32-bit and 64-bit are finished.

Midimusa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:59 am Post subject:
At first time i see the same, but after installing the german version of the access 2010 runtime it works normal.

Please try to install the german version.

Regards
ewart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tom04

This utility you've created is great & just what I wanted. Unfortunately it does not seem to work.

When I double click on KORG_PA_STYLE_LISTER it says 'The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Access can't find.'. Now when I click OK it displays Macro name : AutoExec, error number: 2425, Action name: Run Code, Arguments: Starteigenschaften().

I tried with both the English & Dutch versions & both 32 & 64 bit versions - No luck. It gives the same message.

I am on Windows 10 (Enterprise version)

Any help/ideas would be great as it would save a lot of manual typing.

Thanks & Best Regards
Ewart
ewart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tom4

Sorry for re-sending the mail. It did not show up in the thread. I saw your reply later - thanks a lot for the same.

My wife & I sing every Saturday in church. Now since I am working from home due t the virus my Korg PA300 is keeping me busy as I am re-arrange all my Styles & pads.

PL let me know when done. Keep up the good work.

Thanks & Best Regards
Ewart
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,
I'm trying to add multiple files, so I can create a database with Vol 18 - 40. Can you advise where I find the open file-dialog listed in your instructions.
Regards, Ross
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: