Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Out from Alesis Nitro Drumkit to Electribe 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulfur

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scum wrote:
Hello, old topic, but I have another question/issue - when I hit fast the drums, the sounds are being cut by the next hit, so every hit cuts the previous sound, is there any option in E2, which I was not able to find, to make the sound to last after every hit. Here is example how is thins explained in Alesis Performance Pad manual:

SET TRIGGERING MODE (ASN MODE)
The display shows ASN MODE (short for Assignment Mode), the currently selected
Multi: When hitting a pad repeatedly, each hit will cause the sound to go through its
entire decay. This is useful with cymbals, since early strikes will continue to decay as
you play later strikes.
Single: When hitting a pad repeatedly, a new hit will automatically terminate any
sound that is still decaying. This is useful with many percussion sounds (such as
tambourine, agogo, etc.).

I need the MULTI-like setting for E2..

Have you set the VOICE ASSIGN (page 19/28 of the menu) parameter to Poly1 or Poly2 for your drum parts? If it's set to Mono the sound of the PCM instruments gets cut. If it's set to Poly the sounds are played from beginning to end (with respect to the limit of voices per part I guess). However if you enable the AMP EG remember that the Electribe is paraphonic so the envelope can be re-triggered by any hit or never (untill the sound has completely ended) according to how you set it to act.
scum

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot this is what I was looking for!
warmobil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

It is too late to ask something about this issue??

I bougth an Alessis nitro kit and I allready have a Electribe S2, Im reading about the MIDI Channel Changer Combiner device that is mentioned above but I don't understand how can I use it, in the home page it says "..needed to change incoming MIDI data from different channels to one specific MIDI output channel.." I need just the oposite, I need to convert channel 10 notes, to each channel 1~16 of the S2. Can any one tell me how this device works?

Thanks!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: