Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish List for PA700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Wish List for PA700 Reply with quote

I did a search in our group and did not find a specific topic for things that we wished the PA700 did better, or more things that we want it to do better.

Who has ideas?

I, for one, would love the opportunity to change the colors on the screen. I would love to be able to change the Yellow/Orange color to something else and make things a bit more customizable.

It would also be neat to put a bigger SSD in here and maybe add more RAM (if it has RAM). Maybe we can upgrade the SSD but I would like it to be an option that we could more easily do.

I would also like to see the Gain knob for the Mic/Guitar Input be relocated to somewhere else. In my case, it it not adjusting correctly and pretty much only allows me to use the Line input because I cannot adjust the gain without lots of pops/cracks/etc. My PA700 is in a case with sufficient padding, but apparently it is not enough because I place my keyboard, bottom side down, in my car when it is in the case. The knob may have been pushed in as a result and does not allow for adjustment for a Mic or Guitar.

Another feature that I would like it to be able to increase the max volume for the Line In. It it was too soft and I have to move the balance from center (12:00 position) to about 9:00 in order for me to be able to blend the Line Input and internal sounds together.

Other than that, I have no other issues/wishes for the PA700.

What say the rest of you? Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish List for PA700 Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
.. did not find a specific topic for things that we wished the PA700 did better ..

Wishes I have for both Pa700 and Pa1000:
For me it woul be most important, to implement a lock-Style-Parameter for Sb-Setlist, to get softer transitions if necessary. Also should be implemented in Pa1000 - may operating via Midi-remote-control - as already mentioned here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=115935
siebenhirter wrote:
.. when changing an Sb-entry via the setlist, it should be possible that the style of the next / previous setlist entry is not loaded automatically, but can be suppressed with a lock parameter if necessary ..

That would be important to avoid unsightly interruptions - emerging from the automatic loading process of the next style - when switching with the Setlist function. You can not ge soft transitions - particularly disturbing that one cannot produce a smooth transition even at least if it is not intend to change style.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=116883
Nikjer wrote:
.. I wanted to know if there is any option that can help me change from one setlist to another instantly at the press of the button. What's happening right now is that, after I press the button, it takes two seconds for the setlist to change to the next settings. Can that be changed such that it changes instantly, instead of changing after that 2 second time gap? ..

Also for Pa700 and also Pa1000 to make the Sound assignment to the Style tracks more effective i would like selection of "Original Sound Set" checkbox not only could be operated in style track pane but also via a button, via assignable footswitch-function or via Midi-remote-control!
Also would like Fill-Mode parameter should be re-implemented (as we had in previous models), that allows for automatically selecting a variation when triggering a fill / break (like this function was added by upgrading Pa4x to version 1.2 of OS).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: