Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robust American Patches for the Korg Prologue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Robust American Patches for the Korg Prologue Reply with quote

Hi everyone. First post under this username. Was lordknobs. Anyway I've just released my first bank of patches for the Prologue. You can find them at https://www.robustamericanpatches.com/

So happy Korg did the right thing and got this tuning thing sorted. Lovin' my Prologue16!!!

Last edited by RobustAmerican on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 am; edited 3 times in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find no sound demos at the "Sound Demos" entry of the page.

Can you provide a working link, and perphaps some more information, like a patch list?
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I find no sound demos at the "Sound Demos" entry of the page.

Can you provide a working link, and perphaps some more information, like a patch list?

The sound demo link to soundcloud is at the bottom of the home page. Do you mean you didn't even see it or it didn't work? I just checked it and it is working. It's the small text under "Sound Demos". I don't see a way to attach files here so I'm adding the patch list to the page as well. Should be live....

https://www.robustamericanpatches.com/

Last edited by RobustAmerican on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, now I see the links.

Looks like I overlooked them when I visited the page first?
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming. Building a website, even with the drag and drop kind of tools they provide proved to be more time consuming then I thought.
Still making demos for the rest of the sounds in Volume I. They should be up in the next few days.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meanwhile have bought the soundset and can confirm it's well worth the price!

Thanks for many nice sounds!
There is bit much of drowning some of the sounds in quite long decay/release tails, plus a lot of very wet effect settings, but it's easy to edit that to any one's liking.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Sir! Both for your patronage and kind words.

I have indeed noticed that some of the FX do seem to be more pronounced than I remember when actually opening and testing the downloaded files. I thought it was exhaustion and my mind playing tricks on me. Most of the patches evolve over time so I have multiple versions of them. The only thing I can imagine is that somehow a few of the wrong versions were added at the very last minute when preparing the download file. So, at the moment, I'm looking into the best way to update the files. This will be free of course for anyone who purchased. I hope to have the update in place by later tonight. I will keep you informed.

Thanks again!

Last edited by RobustAmerican on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello jimknopf,

Check your private messages please.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and Happy Belated New Year to all you Prologue Diehards! What a year we owners have gone through, huh? For any who haven't figured it out yet, I also go by "Lordknobs" around these parts. Figured I'd sign up officially, as a Robust American should.

I've been very busy since Korg France did the OSC-16 thing and decided to include some of my sounds for the Blinds Oscillator. Originally I was just working with Edouard at edouard.digital because I found his oscillator pretty interesting compared to the other offerings that were out there at the time. I thought it would benefit everyone if there were some sounds coming out of the Multi-Engine that would really make people take interest and hopefully spark development of more Oscillators. Anyway, before I could demo them up proper Korg France wanted to include them in the release. I can't thank Edouard enough for bringing my sounds to the attention of Korg and going the extra mile to cram all that osc goodness into the retro real estate that Korg provide for the oscillators. He also conceived and then created a way to make the sounds work no matter what slot Blinds is loaded into. This whole experience convinced me to start a little synth patch business on the side known as Robust American Patches. It's still pretty ruff around the edges but it is functioning remarkably well. Creating sounds is truly a labor of love and I would be doing this anyway. Hell, I've been doing it anyway since '86.

(CZ-3000, Poly-800 MKII, M1, Moog Modular, Juno-106, Vintage Model D, Xpander, MS-20, Sytem 700, Z1, Triton Le, MS-2000, NordLead2, Sub 37, JD-Xi, Slim Phatty, Minitaur, OB-6, Prophet Rev2, SE-02, Integra 7, S-10, S-50, Prophet 2000, S-1000s, K2500s, ESI-32 and I know I've forgotten a few. Plus I've actually touched Tonto. Though to be honest, the beast was in a flying saucer shaped building with retro steam punk guitars hanging on the walls at the time)

Also, I simply create far too many sounds to ever use in my own ridiculous productions.

So to make a long story somewhat shorter...I'm here to officially announce the availability of my bank of, yes "Patches" for the Prologue. It's heavy on the VCO Strings and Pads but damn if it doesn't excel in those areas. This is not to say that the Prologue can't do other styles of sounds. In fact, the depth of this instrument, and the surprising success of my little store have convinced me to do a series of Mini Banks that focus on specific instruments and genres. Almost finished with the first one. It will be a Drum, Bass & Pluck bank. If you are so inclined, you can hear "almost" every sound in the collection via the links below. "Almost" because I'm still missing about 6 or 7 sounds in the demo for Volume I. The SoundCloud comments are in fact the preset names and the comments list provides an excellent way to audition the sounds. The demos for Volume II are better organized than Volume I. Oh yea, I almost forgot, if you own Blinds, you can still get the free Robust American Patches + some others over here. People have been asking me so I thought I would mention it again.

Randy Wilson

Last edited by RobustAmerican on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just fun to see your soundsets evolve.
And the idea of dedicated sets for instrument groups looks fine.

Not sure how much Future Bass is possible on the Prologue (with the Prologue's limited mod matrix, limited rhytm sync possibilities for modulation etc.), but I would appreciate every effort.

I mean stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0In3FPvpXNw&feature=youtu.be
or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptrRWYXOI8g&feature=youtu.be
or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTFemBqITu0&feature=youtu.be
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim,

Speaking of evolving, I have a new version to send you. Nothing major. I just renamed a few patches and wrangled in the FX on a couple. Again!

Quote:
Not sure how much Future Bass is possible on the Prologue (with the Prologue's limited mod matrix, limited rhytm sync possibilities for modulation etc.), but I would appreciate every effort.

True but I've used automation lanes (As in video 1) in Nuendo to accomplish the same things. Nearly every parameter on the Prologue can be automated for each layer separately. Sub Layer parameters are set to midi channel 2 by default.

The idea here is a Bank with only Bass sounds, Drums Sounds, and Pluck sounds. The building blocks so to speak. All those automation options are there for the user to customize the sounds if needed. I never said "Future Bass" or "Wobblies." Although the LFO Rate, when set to BPM sync, can still be controlled with the MW. This enables you to switch the LFO beat divisions on the fly. With the MW amount you can set it up to change between 2 different beat divisions. Many synths simply wont let you do that once set to bpm clock. The Rev2 comes to mind.

Last edited by RobustAmerican on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobustAmerican wrote:
Although the LFO Rate, when set to BPM sync, can still be controlled with the MW. This enables you to switch the LFO beat divisions on the fly. With the MW amount you can set it up to change between 2 different beat divisions. Many synths simply wont let you do that once set to bpm clock. The Rev2 comes to mind.

I have not tried that so far, because I wasn't aware this is possible with the Prologue. Thanks for the hint!

And be sure I will buy each of your dedicated banks for plucks, bass etc.!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: