Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are Liverpool Songs and Styles available for the PA900?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyJ007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Are Liverpool Songs and Styles available for the PA900? Reply with quote

i just ordered a Korg PA900 online from Sam Ash. Unfornutaly, I received a message after I purchased it this morning that it is on back order so not sure if I will get for another 3-4 weeks.

So while I wait for the PA900, I will become more familiar with the manual and all the features that the PA900 has to offer. I have ever downloaded some additional sounds and styles from Korg's website.

As a big Beatles fan, I was wondering if the songs and styles that come with the Korg Liverpool keyboard is available for the Korg PA900. I have looked around Korg's website and looked online but to no avail.or has anyone converted these files for use with Korg PA keyboards?

I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Regards,

Jimmy
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is only one person reading this with a Liverpool version, it is fairly simple to SAVE the internal factory styles and thus make them available for use in
PA900/600.

Simply UNLOCK "factory Styles " in the Global Menu and proceed with a normal SAVE ALL.

Looking forward myself to anyone who can help Jimmy, me and others with this.

Cheers,
John
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Liverpool arranger still being an active sales option from Korg, I don't think you will get much cooperation from Korg. It would be "cutting off your nose to spite your face" logic.

On the other hand, there are numerous midi files of Beatles tunes on the net that can be manipulated in a computer DAW and formed into styles. Some work involved for sure but can be done. FWIW

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
JimmyJ007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John and Nitecrawler. I am keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps someone can share the files if Korg will not make them available anytime soon.

Nitecrawler, I may give your suggestion a try as soon as I get my PA900.
RMepstead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Liverpool machine and I cannot find anywhere in the global menu that offers the opportunity to unlock the factory styles. There are 24 pages in the global menu so that instruction could be called something else of course...
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMepstead wrote:
I have the Liverpool machine and I cannot find anywhere in the global menu that offers the opportunity to unlock the factory styles. There are 24 pages in the global menu so that instruction could be called something else of course...

I would not bother cause someone managed to get me the Liverpool styles and they are in a different format that is not recognised by PA2,3,4X....
At least that is what I got...........

regards
John
Snorkum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John:

Can you post them. Maybe we can convert them through a software we have. Maybe one of these software can recognize them and we can convert them.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snorkum,

Belief it or not but I deleted the whole bunch !!!
I will try and find the source again of who sent them to me in the first
place and let you know.

regards
John
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I believe there are some Liverpool styles on Dopamine's 2.6 Set although you would need to confirm that they came from this keyboard by speaking to him. I certainly found a couple of Beatle's styles last night when trying out his set on my PA900.
Chris
MamieNova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but no Liverpool styles were available when I last updated the Dopamine set, and they still aren't, as far as I know.
But for sure, some previous Korg products had Beatles styles which are included.
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: liverpool styles Reply with quote

hey guys
there are lots of beatles styles on a website i use when i need a special style
they have something like 50,000 styles and midi styles for sale and most of them are great. it is called d-o-o.de. i think they are about $6.00 each you can audition them on the site and if you speak english (the site is in german)
in the upper right side just click the british flay and the english version will appear
it tells you what keyboards the style is for just click korg pax they all work with pa900 and older arrangers
good luck hunting

mel
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt korg made a new algorithm jus for Liverpool...Maybe some models can't read the styles,but i believe some like pa4x might read them.

Either they are not readable,there is a solution to extract the midi out of the
styles :

just convert/rename .sty extension to .mid and you will have the midi file.
Then, import it on any Pa keyboard (by holding down shift so it splits across variations) ,make the mix,fx etc and you are ready to go.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: