Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with KORG M3- very quiet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwisener

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Problem with KORG M3- very quiet Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone on this forum may be able to help. I have a KORG M3 which has suddenly started playing all the sounds very quiet and muffled. This happens no matter what the output is. We tried replacing the midi cable but this didn't make a difference. Also tried connecting the brain of the keyboard to a midi controller and the sounds are still muffled, so it may be a problem with brain as opposed to keyboard part itself. Has anyone ever came across a similar problem? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lisa
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with KORG M3- very quiet Reply with quote

Did you try replacing the audio cables? Did you try listening with headphones?

Bobcat22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Having the same problem Reply with quote

After playing any of the sounds perhaps after 20 key plays- Combi or Prog, the highs cut out. If I switch back to the sound, it is good for awhile, then the highs and volume diminishes.

I would appreciate any advise.

bc
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possibility is there could be an issue with the joystick, ribbon controller, or control surface sliders. Try working them backwards and forwards a few times to see if that helps. Also, look at the MIDI data coming from the MIDI out connector, to see if there are any CC# messages being spuriously generated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: