Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity + disk drive not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cinema180

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Trinity + disk drive not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently testing my Trinity + that has been in its box for about 15 years, as I'd like to sell it. Everything seems fine apart from the disk drive. The green light comes on, but it just makes a whining motor sound without the disk ever being engaged or read. The display also locks up in the Disk mode and none of the other mode buttons can be selected unless I switch the keyboard off and on again. I have tried a variety of diskettes (including the 2 original Korg program / demo ones) with no joy.

Does anyone have any experience of fixing this issue? I would like to determine if it is financially worth fixing this in order to sell it, or if anyone is likely to buy it from me in its present state. I hate the thought of just throwing it away, as, apart from some slight discoloration on some of the buttons, it appears in pristine condition.

Also, does anyone know of any software that can be used to retrieve songs from the diskettes (not midi format)?
number6uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this is a common fault with older floppy drives, the drive belts tend to go and so the drive doesn't work.
Recently I replaced my floppy drive unit with a new one from Amazon, it cost about £30. I had previously tried a Gotek floppy emulator instead (uses USB instead of a floppy disk), it worked in a fashion but I could not get it to recognise when the disk was changed.

As for getting data form the floppy disks you have, just get a cheap USB floppy drive to attach to your PC and use one of the software packages listed at the top of the Trinity forum list like Trinitro, to extract the data and send it over midi to the Trinity.

This works for all the Trinity data except samples, which is why I had to put a new floppy drive in the Trinity as I have the sample playback option fitted.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
Cinema180

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your advice.

Did you have to install a driver for the new disk drive? Also, which one did you go for?

Thanks.
number6uk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no driver installation required.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: