Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combi program changes for external instruments not working.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfredAnthony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Combi program changes for external instruments not working. Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I'm new to the forums so thanks for having me here. I've been using KORG products since 2000 when I purchased my Triton 61 classic, pimped out with a SCSI board, CDROM and Orchestra Expansion. I ended up selling it in 2004 but made a lot of great music with it. Now I'm the proud owner of a Korg Kross 2 and love it but having one problem that puts a speed bump in my configurations.

I've successfully created favorites that call up performances on my Yamaha MX49 and love how fast I can get to my favorite sounds! I want to do the same for a Combi, but for some reason it isn't sending the bank/program changes.

I have properly selected EXT2 for Part 1 and input the MSB and LSB values as I do for favorites. However when I select the combi, there are no changes sent to the Yamaha.

Anyone?

Thanks

Current Studio:
Korg Kross 2 88
Korg M01D (3DS)
Korg DSN-12 (3DS)
Yamaha MX49
Softsynths
Steinberg Cubase AI8
Sonar 3
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Most likely, the MIDI channel of the part that you are configuring to EXT2 is on the global channel of the Kross. When switching a combi, it transmits on the global channel the Program Number of the combi instead of the Ext2 configuration. By doing this, you can record with a DAW the changes you do on the board and replay them. I.e. your daw will switch then the Kross to that particular combi.

To get around this, try one of the following:
* change the global channel of the Kross (default 1)
* change the channel number of part 1 to something different than the global channel, change the channel of the Yamaha accordingly

Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: